Chapter 6: Unappreciated

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. —Eleanor Roosevelt

Chapter 6: Unappreciated

Yung Bleu's Unappreciated blasted through Natalie's car speakers as she pulled into the parking garage of FENTY. It's been 2 days since she seen Avery so today was already weird. She pulled into the spot with her name on it and got out the car. She woke up this morning alone, and for the first time in a long time her feelings weren't hurt by the fact that Ari left after she got what she wanted.

She stepped into the elevator hitting the floor number she needed to get to. "Hold the elevator!" A familiar voice called out and Natalie put her arm out making the doors open back up. Avery stepped onto the elevator, "Hey.." She said

"Hi.." Natalie replied slightly smiling.

"Sorry about my wife."

"It's okay, everything okay?" Natalie asked noticing Avery's eyes watering.

"She still hasn't been home." Her voice shaky as the elevator went up. "She isn't answering the phone, what if she's not okay? I'm so stupid why didn't I just stay and argue with her?" Avery let her tears fall, her thoughts were everywhere. She couldn't stand herself right now. How could she let her wife go to sleep upset with her?

"I'm sure she's fine, she's my brother's principal and teacher so I'll just call and ask him if she's there, okay?" Natalie spoke in a reassuring tone.

"O-Okay." Avery spoke taking a deep breath. Natalie facetimed Nathan she rubbed Avery's back as the phone rang.

"You know I'm in class right?" Nathan asked answering the phone, luckily he had his headphones in.

"Nathan get off the phone in my class." Jewels spoke sternly

"Come on Mrs. Fenty don't be trippin like a lame now." Nathan said with a devious smile on his face.

"Ooooo." The class cooed and Natalie put her hand on her forehead.

"Nathan!" Nat shouted

"Oh I forgot you was on the phone, wassup big sis?" Nathan asked innocently

"Stop acting an ass is Jewels there?" Nat asked, he turned his camera around putting it on Jewels and Natalie showed Avery the phone.

"Let me talk to her." Avery demanded.

"Is that-"

"Yes Nathan." Natalie replied cutting him off.

"That wouldn't be appropriate." Nathan replied and Jewels who was glaring at him stomped over to his desk.

"You gone continue yo conversation wh-"

"My um sister wants to talk to you." He took one headphone out his ear and Jewels took the headphone placing it in her ear looking at his camera. Her eyes widened when she seen Avery.

"Why aren't you answering the phone?" Avery asked as her and Natalie got off the elevator.

"Not right now." Jewels responded quickly before she hit the red button hanging the phone up.