Chapter 12: For Better or Worse

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is attribute of the strong. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Shay Mitchell, 17:

Michael B. Jordan, 18:

Chapter 12: For Better or Worse

...
Chapter 12: For Better or Worse

"How many times?" Avery asked

"I don't know." Nathan replied

"Y'all like in love?"

Nathan chuckled, "Jewels could never be in love with me. She just needed to still feel wanted, her confidence and trust in herself just wasn't there anymore because you started changing all of a sudden. You went from telling her she was pretty every day to not even noticing the little changes. New perfume, new hair style, nice dress, and so on. I know that don't make what we did right but can you blame her? You were so busy talking to my sister about your feelings and confiding in her about everything like you don't have a wife for that. You cheated too, not physically but emotionally and in my opinion falling in love with somebody else cuts way deeper than just fucking somebody else."

Avery sighed, "Yeah I know which is why I cut Natalie off. I hadn't talked to her for 6 months, we never even talked at work. I love my wife and I know I have my faults but I catch myself before I slip because I love her and I need her, so excuse me if I think her being pregnant is a lot worse than me cutting off a woman she had no reason to worry about."

"She didn't know that though you wasn't there you didn't open your mouth and talk to her and when you did it was when she was doing something wrong! You cut my sister off and made your marriage a miserable fuckin place and that's not my fault!"

Once Nathan said that Avery's mood shifted as realization settled in. This was her fault just as much as it was Jewels'. "Shay this is why I didn't wanna get in a relationship, it's not that I don't love you or I'm not in love with you I was just still having fun. I do love you though, and after this I would understand if you didn't wanna be with me anymore." Nathan said as Avery pulled up behind Annie's car.