Chapter 3: Park Jimin

Mina walks home from school after her first ever day. As she opens the apartment door, she sees Momo sleeping on the couch and Sana preparing dinner. Sana asks her, "How was your first day?" Mina replies, "Fine. School sucks." Sana cheers, "Yay! It sounds like the full high school experience, what's in the bag?"

She glances at the bag in Mina's hand but she quickly hides it behind her and says, "Nothing." Sana smirks and says, "Okie~~" The smell of smoke fills their apartment as Mina says, "Umm, Sana. The food." Sana turns around shocked and curses, "SHIT!" She runs to put out the small fire and turns gloomy at the scene of her disaster. She dumps the burnt food in the trash as she sighs in frustration. Mina asks, "Where's Taehyung?"

Sana replies saddened, "Working overtime...." Momo wakes up from her nap and glances around. She notices the fumes filling their kitchen and brings out her wallet. She hands Mina some cash and says, "Just get take out."

Mina goes closer to Momo to grab the money but Momo slips some extra cash as she whispers, "I got a big tip from a nice guy today. This is my gift." Mina replies, "What? I can't take this." Momo gently slaps her face and says, "If you don't take it, I'm ripping it. So just go."

Mina rolls her eyes as a small smile form on her face. Momo then approaches Sana to help her feel better as Mina heads out.

Before she gets dinner, Mina goes to her favorite convenience store.

The lady at the cashier recognizes her and greets her, "Hey Mina." Mina smiles back as she heads to the back to grab a drink and some ice cream. As she gazes at the last tub of mint chocolate ice cream, she reaches for it but another hand joins her. Mina looks up to see a familiar face and says, "I had my hands on it first." Jimin raises an eyebrow as he looks back at the tub and notice her hand is on top of his.

Jimin says, "I grabbed it first. Pick another flavor." Mina says, "Vanilla is plain." Jimin smirks and says, "Is this your excuse to hold my hand?" Mina quickly takes her hand back as he smiles victoriously. Jimin chuckles and says, "Your cute when you're flustered."

Mina glares at him back and says, "You're an asshole." He smiles and says sarcastically, "Really? I haven't noticed." He then proceeds to pay for the tub but as he checks his pockets, his wallet is missing. Mina laughs victoriously as she grabs the ice cream straight from his hand and says, "How the tables have turned, I'll be taking this."

He grabs her wrist and quickly pulls Mina closer to his face. He says, "I'll pay you back, just give me some-" Mina smirks and says, "No~ I'll be taking this." She breaks free from his hold and proceeds to the cashier. She puts the ice cream and her drink on the cashier desk as the cashier asks, "Who's that guy? He's pretty cute." Mina rolls her eyes and says, "Some asshole from school." The other chuckles while Mina gets her food.

She then walks to the nearest restaurant to pick up their dinner but feels someone is behind her. Mina turns around to see a Jimin following her. She says, "Stalker. Why are you following me?" Mina walks even faster until she loses sight of him. Mina enters the restaurant and the cashier says, "That'll be 26 dollars." Mina reaches for her wallet but notices, it's gone.

Jimin then enters the building a few seconds later panting and runs to Mina. He taps her shoulder with her wallet as Mina takes it quickly. She pays for the food as Jimin walks next to her smirking. Mina says quickly, "Thanks." Jimin nears his face and says, "What was that?"

Mina sighs and says, "Thanks." She makes eye contact with Jimin and notice that he's looking at the plastic bag with the ice cream in it. She sighs and says, "Want to... share the ice cream with me?" Jimin nods cutely as they find a nearby table to share it. Mina brings out two spoons from the takeout and hands one to Jimin. After opening the tub to eat, Mina says, "Half and Half." Jimin nods as he takes a giant spoonful which causes Mina to yell, "YAH! THAT'S TOO MUCH."

After swallowing the giant spoonful and recovering from his brain freeze, Jimin points at the takeout and says, "Who's that for?" Mina replies, "Sisters. They can wait a few minutes for dinner." Jimin looks at his watch and says, "Minutes? It's already been an hour since we left the convenience store." Mina's eyes widened as she looks at the time and stands up quickly. He says, "You didn't finish your half." Mina says while running away, "Keep it."

She runs away as Jimin smiles at her. He thinks to himself, "What's happening to me?"

Jimin then starts to walk back home and as the gates to his mansion open. He makes his way to his room. Jimin enters his room and to his surprise, his father is waiting for him. Jimin bows and says, "Father."

Mr. Park asks sternly, "Where were you?" Jimin replies, "I had a small snack." His father says, "You could have had a snack in here, why did you have to go out in the middle of the night to who knows where." Jimin shrugs his shoulder as he dad says, "Who was that girl?"

Jimin turns his head quickly as he says, "You have someone keeping an eye on me?" Mr. Park chuckles and says, "Of course I did, the last time I left you alone. You slept with a teacher, started a riot got a girl pregnant. Should I keep going?" Jimin fights back, "You said do anything to pass." His father's facial expression changes as he says, "You didn't answer my question."

Jimin says, "She's a... friend of mine." His father asks, "From which family?" He replies, "Does that matter?" His father says again, "Which family?" Jimin sighs and says, "I don't remember. I think it was the Myoui family." Mr. Park raises an eyebrow and says, "I've never heard of any Myoui family." Jimin says quietly, "She's not from a well off family." Mr. Park then says, "Do you like her?"

Jimin lies, "No." Mr. Park smiles and says, "Good, now cut all ties from that peasant." Jimin whines, "Dad, you can't-" His father leaves his room as he says, "Good night."