Chapter 13: Girlfriend

Mingyu and Tzuyu sneak away during lunch for a secret date. After bringing out the homemade lunch boxes, the couple take turns feeding each other and saying other cheesy things. Mingyu then says, "Tzuyu..." She looks at him kind of worried as his tone changed and he says, "My dad is going on a business trip and he wants me to be there. I'm going to be gone for a month." Tzuyu looks at him shocked as she mumbles, "A month? We just started..."

Mingyu pulls her closer and says, "I know and I feel bad but I have to because of my dad. I'll call you every night and make sure that I check up on you. Don't worry, just let this month go by quickly so we can be together again, okay?" Tzuyu just nods as he pecks her lips one more time, "I love you." Tzuyu just kisses him back without saying a word.

|...|

Jimin finds Rose alone and quickly pulls her to a more private area. She just stares at him with a cold expression as he says frustrated, "Did you tell Mina what happened between us?" Rose says, "Why do you care?" Jimin groans and raises his voice, "I care a lot! Now answer me Chaeyoung, did you or did you not?" She's taken aback as he mentions her real name and says quietly, "Yeah, I told her."

Jimin fumes in anger and punches the wall which causes Rose to jump in shock. She looks in his eyes and notice the feeling of regret and anger. Rose asks, "Do you like Mina?" Jimin turns to her and says, "It doesn't matter anymore. She thinks I'm a monster." Rose replies, "And you are a monster." He turns to her and yells, "I KNOW I AM BUT I'VE BEEN TRYING!" She stays quiet as he yelled at her once again. Jimin says, "I've been trying to change. I really have. I made so many regrets and mistakes and it hurts when I look back at them. I want to be a better person and I've been trying so hard to be one but no matter how far I run from my past, it just comes back to haunt me."

Rose looks at him with full sincerity as she knows he regrets his decision as much as she does. Jimin pulls her in a hug and says, "Chaeyoung, I'm sorry. I can't express how sorry I am with words but I hope you understand that if we were ever in that situation again, it would have been different." She tears up and says, "Mina liked you. She really did, which is why I had to tell her what happened. I can't have her make the same mistake we had back then and I want her to be happy. I'm sorry, I should've talked to you before I told someone else."

Jimin pulls away and wipes her tears, "It's ok, I'll fix this." She just chuckles and says, "I hate you."

|...|

Mina walks to her usual table with Tzuyu and Mingyu but they're nowhere to be found. She pouts and says, "Single people problems." Suddenly, Chaeyoung joins her table and a bright smile is formed on her face. Mina says, "Hey Chaeng, want to join me for lunch?" The shorter chuckles and says, "That's what I'm doing. I like the nickname, Minari~"

She just laughs as the two enjoy the cafeteria food. Mina would've just went to the library because she was alone but now she has company. She hears Chaeyoung laugh and picks up her head confused. Mina asks, "What happened?" Chaeyoung points behind her and says, "It's been ages since I saw those two talking." Mina turns to see Rose and Jimin comfortably talking with each other. She looks at them confused as Rose catches her eye. She starts heading to her table and Mina turns quickly. Chaeyoung notices this and turns confused.

Rose sits down and so does Jimin. He says, "Hi, Mina." She continues to ignore him and Chaeyoung looks at him curiously. Jimin says, "Mina... let's just talk, you can't keep ignoring me like this." Mina stutters, "I-I don't want to talk." She internally curses at herself for stuttering and Chaeyoung notices this. Jimin looks at the younger girl and says, "Aren't you Jungkook's sister?" Chaeyoung nods as Mina says, "Chaeyoung this is Jimin and Rose. Jimin and Rose this is Chaeyoung, she's my-"

Chaeyoung interrupts, "Girlfriend." Rose looks at the two confused and says, "What?" Mina's eyes widened but stays quiet as she goes with the flow. Jimin also turns quiet but its cuz he's flustered. "Mina's you're dating Chaeyoung??" Chaeyoung nods and says, "We started last night. It's official." Rose looks at Mina and smiles and says, "Wow, you really like Chaeyoung's. I approve of this and fully support." Mina just smiles at her and Chaeyoung says, "Well, I have to go to class." She leaves but before she leaves, a light kiss is placed on Mina's forehead.

Mina turns to Jimin and says, "You wanted to talk?" It's his turn to stutter, "O-oh. N-nevermind." Rose then moves next to Mina and says, "Wow, I never knew you were into..." Mina just blushes and continues eating her food. Rose heads to get a tray while Jimin sits there awkwardly in front of Mina. He asks, "So you and Chaeyoung..." Mina just smiles and says, "It kind of just happened." He fakes a smile and says, "Oh ok. I'm happy for you." She just bites her lips.

|...|

Jimin is hanging out at Jungkook's house for two reasons. To rant to Jungkook about his sister and to hope that Mina is coming home with Chaeyoung. Jungkook looks at him confused and asks, "So you want to work on the project?" Jimin nods and he asks again, "You want to work on it now? 2 weeks from the due date?" He nods and says, "We should just get it over with, right?" Jungkook smiles and says, "Wow, I'm proud of you Jimin."

The doorbell rings and Jimin perks his head up asking, "Is that your sister? I'll get it." Before Jungkook can reply, Jimin is already at the front door. A delivery man stands there with pizza and asks, "Is this the Jeon's residence?" Jungkook comes out and pays for the pizza. Jimin sighs and starts working on the paper. The two brainstorm ideas and outline them as Jimin types the draft on his laptop.

The doorbell rings again and Jimin rushes to the door. He hears Chaeyoung's voice which makes him expect Mina. He opens the door just to see her by herself. Jimin says, "Oh hey..." Chaeyoung pouts and says, "Sounds like you don't want me here." Jungkook replies from the back, "Yeah, we don't want you here." Chaeyoung scoffs and says, "I just came home to change! I'm going Mina's house!"

Jimin just turns feeling uneasy. Jungkook yells, "Why are you going to Mina's house??" Chaeyoung blushes and says, "Umm oppa..." Jungkook walks to the front door and looks at her confused, "You never call me oppa." She continues, "Is it okay if I sleep over at Mina's house for a while?"