Chapter 14: Problems

Jungkook heads to school for another dreaded day but this time it starts off perfect. He notices that Tzuyu is walking to school alone today. He takes his chance and walks up to her. She continues to ignore him but he persists, "Tzuyu, can we talk." Tzuyu says while looking forward, "We have nothing to talk about." Jungkook grabs her wrist and turns her around.

Her face is just a few inches away and he says, "Just give me 5 minutes." She replies coldly, "3." He smiles and says, "I'm sorry. I know you won't believe me or think I'm insincere but I really am sorry. We had a bad first impression and the only reason I teased you was because I like you." Tzuyu stutters, "J-jungkook, I have a boyfriend." He blushes and waves his hand and says, "I meant as a friend! I like you as a friend, I know you're with Mingyu..." She senses the feeling of disappointment but brushes it off.

She extends her hand and says, "I'm Tzuyu." Jungkook looks at her confused and says, "What are you doing?" Tzuyu keeps her hands extended and rolls her eyes as he finally realizes what she meant. Jungkook shakes her hand and says, "I'm Jungkook."

The two walk to school side by side and Mina looks at them with a confused look. She points at Jungkook and says, "You two are cool now?" Jungkook nods and says, "She finally heard me out, we cool." Tzuyu just nods and says, "Now let's go class, we'll be late."

|...|

Jimin makes his way to the cafeteria for lunch and soon grows lonely. He looks for Jungkook but he quickly notices that he's sitting with Tzuyu, Mina, and Chaeyoung. It's too awkward for him to go there. He then looks for Namjoon and notices that he's with the smart table. He groans and quickly notices Rose sitting by herself.

Jimin sits down in front of her which makes her take out one of her earphones and look at him confused. Rose questions, "You need something?" He shakes his head and says, "Why? Can't I just eat with a friend?" She scoffs and says, "I said I forgive you, I never said we were friends." Jimin whines, "Please~ I'm lonely..." She looks around so she can dump him onto one of his friends but notice that they were dispersed. People been distancing themselves from Jimin ever since the Bambam incident. For some reason, she feels pity for him.

He never asked for any of this, it's just a result of his father and status. She sighs and says, "Fine." Jimin cheers and says aloud, "YES" This causes the whole cafeteria to stare at him.

Mina asks, "When did those two make up?" Chaeyoung whispers to her ear, "You sound jealous." She blushes and clears her throat. Thankfully, only Chaeyoung noticed. Jungkook glances at the table and says, "Wow look at that. What a sight to behold, last time I saw them like this was 2 years ago when they were...."

He stays quiet and everyone notices but no one dares to ask questions. Suddenly, Tzuyu's phone rings and she excuses herself. After a few minutes she comes back, Jungkook says, "Tzuyu, your food is cold now."

She chuckles and says, "It's ok, it still tastes good." Mina smirks and says, "Was that Mingyu????" Tzuyu blushes and says, "Yeah, he was just checking on me." Mina squeals and says, "So cute~~~" Chaeyoung then leaves to head to her class while Jungkook remains quiet the whole time. Yeah, he asked to be friends with Tzuyu but his feelings never left. At least now, she doesn't avoid him.

|...|

Mina walks Chaeyoung home because their practice was postponed. Mina gets a text from Momo and rolls her eyes as she's on a date with Hoseok again. Mina mumbles, "No wonder practice was cancelled..." Chaeyoung lets Mina in for some food as they have a serious conversation. Chaeyoung asks Mina, "So... have you thought about... my confession?" Mina looks at her with sorry eyes and says, "Yeah, I've been thinking about it throughout classes. Chaeyoung, you're a beautiful girl and you're perfect in every way. I know there's somewhere out there in the world perfect for you but..."