Chapter 11: True Colors

Jimin glances at Rose as Mina just walks away. She stares at him coldly as Jimin stays quiet but instead of fear, it's guilt. Rose walks by him and towards her next class.

The teacher begins a lecture and with a few minutes left in the class, he brings up the project. He says, "There has been a request of a change of group. I swapped Myoui Mina and Park Jimin. The new groups are Park Jimin with Jeon Jungkook and Park Roseanne with Myoui Mina.

Mina looks at him confused as Rose raises her hand and says, "I never filed a request." Mina joins her, "Me too." The two girls then glance at their former teammates as the teacher says, "It was a request made my Park Jimin." Mina says, "With all due respect, Jungkook and I started on ours already. Are you saying I have to make a completely new paper with Rose?" The teacher just nods and says, "You still have plenty of time, I'll take that into account when I grade your papers. Sorry if it caused any inconvenience Ms. Myoui but Jimin kept insisting on it."

Rose and Mina just glare angrily at Jimin as he bows his head down trying to avoid their beautiful gazes.

Mina walks to Jungkook's table as he avoid eye contact with her. She says, "Hand it over." Jungkook whines, "But I worked on the paper too! You have Rose as a partner, I have Jimin. You know he's not going to do anything and if we start from scratch then it'll be worse!" Mina sighs and says, "I worked on the first 4 paragraphs, you can keep the rest." He whines, "But we only have 4 paragraphs! I only did the title page." Mina says, "Then you can keep the title page, Jungkook just give me the paper." He pouts as he reaches onto his bag and hands Mina the printed draft and the USB containing their research and the paper itself.

She walks to Rose' table so they can talk about the project as Jimin walks nervously to Jungkook's table. He glares at the shorter and says, "Why the hell did you do that? NOW I'M STUCK WITH YOU!" Jimin pouts, "I'll do my part! You know I can't work with Rose, it's too awkward and I feel bad whenever she looks at me. Be considerate!" Jungkook groans as he places his head, "Look who's talking, I could've got an A with Mina now I'm going to fail this project." Jimin smacks his head and says, "No we're not! If we have to work all night, we will." Jungkook whines, "I didn't need to work all night with Mina. We were almost done...."

Later that day...

Mina texts Momo that she won't be home till late because she's going to finish the project with Rose. She waits outside and notices that Rose walks out too. Mina waddles next to her as she asks, "So how far is your place?" Rose says, "Don't worry, we'll ride my moped." Rose hands Mina a helmet as she sits a little on the edge to make room for Mina. Mina says nervously, "I never rode one of these before."

Rose giggles and says, "Don't worry, it's completely safe and you have a really good driver. Just wrap your arms around my waist and don't let go." Mina feels a sense of trust as she follows her instructions. The ride to her home was quick. Mina glances at the cozy two bedroom apartment as Rose tosses her keys on the table. Mina says, "You live alone?"

Rose says, "I have a room mate but she's on a date with her boyfriend. My parents are in Australia and they visit sometimes." Mina just nods as she notices a few pictures. She points at one particular picture with an extremely attractive woman and a handsome man. Mina asks, "Your roommate is beautiful." Rose says as she digs into the refrigerator looking for snacks, "Yeah, she's some sort of model. Her name is Jisoo and her boyfriend should be in one of those pictures." Mina replies, "Wow, he's handsome too. What a power couple."

Rose chuckles and says, "They're too powerful of a couple. Not only is he handsome and a model, he's going to med school." Mina's jaws drop and a few seconds later, she notices pictures of Rose. She says, "You're not bad yourself." Rose joins Mina with a few snacks in her hand and says, "Ms. Myoui, are you flirting with me?" She chuckles and says, "Maybe~"

A picture catches Mina's eyes as she sees Rose holding a sign with the name 'Chaeyoung' on it. She asks, "Who's Chaeyoung?" Rose replies, "That's my Korean name. Like it?" Mina replies, "Wow... Are all Chaeyoung's pretty?" Rose giggles, "Wow, you really are flirting with me."

They soon dwell on the snacks and begin their project. After a mere 2 hours, they finish. Mina stretches as Rose says, "Wow, that was efficient." Mina giggles and says, "What now? I didn't think we'd finish this fast." Rose puts both of her hands under her chin and says, "Tell me about yourself."

Mina says, "Uhh, there's not a lot to know." Rose says, "Just say anything, I don't know anything about you." She goes, "Well, I have 2 sisters. Both older." Rose smiles and says, "Wow, it must be great to have sisters. I'm an only child." Mina says, "It's not as fun as it sounds but yeah, they're great." Rose then smirks and says, "Do you have a boyfriend?" Mina shakes her head and says, "I never thought of getting one yet and I don't plan on it." Rose smiles and says, "Good, boys are trash."

Mina bites her lip and says, "What happened?" Rose raises her head confused and Mina continues, "I don't want to be nosy but I'm too curious. What happened between you and Jimin?" Rose stays quiet as a small smile forms on her face and says, "Do you like him? He seems to have an interest in you and I don't want to ruin any chances of you two dating." Mina stutters, "B-but if I do like him, shouldn't I know about his past. In case I make the same mistake or he has something I don't know about which would make my opinion on him change."

Rose stays quiet and Mina says, "Please, I'm so confused right now. I don't know if I like him so much that I'll defend him from everyone badmouthing him or if I hate him so much that I'll start believing the rumors." Rose asks, "What did you hear?" Mina whispers, "That Jimin is a bully and a bad man. That the way he treats me isn't his true colors. That he's playing with me."

She replies hesitantly, "Mina, I'm only telling you this because you're cute and I don't want you to make the same mistake I did. BUT, this stays between us. Promise?" Mina nods and pinky promises her. Rose stays quiet a bit then whispers, "Jimin and I loved each other a lot. We really did but one day, we drank too much at my apartment. Next thing you know, we wake up naked on the same bed. We thought nothing happened and if something did, we were sober enough to use protection. That wasn't the case at all."

Mina gasps and tears form on Rose's eyes. She continues, "We had a baby. I had a baby. We were only freshmen and we were scared and confused. He didn't want to tell his parents and neither did I. I placed my full trust in him and I was willing to follow him and let him decide." Mina asks quietly, "What did he say?"

"I had an abortion."