Chapter 16: Joy

{No, not Joy from Red Velvet}

- author guy

As if on cue, Mina enters the hospital room looking very tired. There's a guy behind her carrying two buckets of chicken. Sana asks her, "Mina, how was school?" She replies, "Boring as usual." Sana replies, "Really? Because your friend Jimin here told me you weren't showing up to school."

Mina suddenly wakes up and says, "What JIMIN!?" She eyes him as he awkwardly waves at her. Mina bites her lips and turns to the guy holding the chickens, "Bambam, you can just drop them off here. Thanks for the help." Jimin says, "Bambam?" Bambam suddenly hears Jimin's voice and looks inside the room.

Jimin bows his head as Bambam scoffs and bids Mina good bye. Mina enters the room with her head hung low as Sana scolds her. Sana says, "Don't tell me you were working part time jobs instead of going to school. Is this about the hospital bill? We got it covered already Mina, you're supposed to graduate high school like a normal teenager. You're not supposed to be working, you're lucky. If you're friend here never showed up, we wouldn't have found out about your stunt. As for Momo finding out, we keep this from her. She's already stressed enough, now you're going to quit all those jobs and go to school. Okay?"

Mina stays quiet and Sana says more sternly, "OKAY?" She replies, "okay." Mina leaves the hospital room after handing over chicken and Jimin quickly follows her. Sana asks, "So that's Jimin? He's shorter than I expected him to be." Taehyung nods and says, "You look really hot when you're angry." Sana says, "Keep rubbing my feet." He replies, "Yes ma'am."

|...|

Tzuyu is on another phone call with Mingyu. He says, "Tzuyu, I'm sorry." She replies confused, "Sorry about what?" He says, "My brother went back to Korea early because of an emergency so I might be here longer than I thought it would be..."

Tzuyu says, "Oh... it's ok. I'll wait for you, I've handled it so far, what's a few days going to do." He replies, "But I don't want you to wait, I don't want to wait. I want to be with you right now and feel you and talk with you in person." She blushes and says, "Don't worry Mingyu, I'll always be here waiting for you. Just promise me that you'll come back." He replies, "I promise. Tzuyu, I love you." With that they bid their good byes.

Tzuyu hangs up the phone as Jungkook tosses her the other controller. He says, "Was that Mingyu?" She nods and says, "He's staying there for a little longer..." Jungkook sighs and says, "What a shame..." Tzuyu agrees then asks, "So how do you play this game?" Jungkook looks at the screen and says, "You never played Street Fighter?" She shakes her head and he chuckles, "Well..."

After giving a detailed tutorial and a fair share of yelling, she finally gets the hang of it. He says, "You're a natural." Tzuyu smiles proudly, "I'm probably better than you." Jungkook smirks and says, "If you're that confident, then let's make a bet." Tzuyu looks at the time, "It's already late and we have school tomorrow." Tzuyu yawns which Jungkook finds very cute and she says, "Well, I can stay up for one more game..." Jungkook smiles and says, "If I win, you buy me a meal."

Tzuyu says, "If I win, you tell me your crush." He accepts the challenge with full confidence but Tzuyu knows it's her victory. Jungkook's jaw drops as he's been hustled the entire time. Tzuyu completely destroyed him as if she was a pro at the game.

She cheers and waits for Jungkook's answer. He says, "I.... I like..." Before she could hear his answer, her head gently falls onto his shoulder. She's in deep sleep as she was concentrating on the game so hard and it's really late at night. Jungkook smiles as her cheeks lay on his shoulder and he brushes her hair to the side.

"I like you."

|...|

Jimin chases after Mina and quickly grabs her hand. She turns furiously and yells, "Why are you here?" He's taken aback and whispers, "I was worried..." Mina glares at him and says, "I never told you to worry about me." She sighs and says, "I never asked you to come, we aren't even friends. If this was about that night, that was a mistake. Something that should've never happened and something I will prevent from ever happening again."

Jimin's heartaches and starts to grow angry. He raises his voice and scoffs, "This is what I get for caring about you! I spent my whole day looking for you, I even asked your girlfriend where you were! You don't even thank me or say anything nice, you just yell at me for caring about you."

Mina raises her voice, "I DON'T WANT YOU TO CARE FOR ME! I'M NOT A LITTLE GIRL, WHY DOES EVERYONE GO OUT OF THERE WAY JUST TO MAKE ME FEEL WELCOMED! NOW LOOK AT MY FAMILY! SANA IS IN THE HOSPITAL, MOMO UNNNIE IS OVERWORKING HERSELF AND I CAN'T EVEN HELP THEM. I CAN'T EVEN REPAY THEM AFTER ALL THEY DONE TO ME!"

Jimin stays quiet and Taehyung interrupts, "You'll help them by graduating." Mina turns her head slightly with tears in her face. He says, "I'll pay for the hospital bill... I told Sana the truth and she's still recovering from the shock. Mina, I'll take care of Sana just graduate and get into a college so in the long term, your sisters can relax."

She stays quiet as Taehyung hugs her and says, "Don't act like you're alone, we're helping you because we love you. Stop taking our love for granted." He walks back into the room as Mina's knees feel weak. Jimin helps her up and says, "Want me to call Chaeyoung?" Mina shakes her head and says, "She's not my girlfriend."

Jimin looks at her shocked and she bites her lip nervously. She says, "We were faking it to... to make you jealous." He stutters, "M-me?" Mina nods as she wipes her tears. Jimin looks away feeling flustered as he is still confused, "But why?" Jimin turns his head to glance at Mina but in that split second her lips connect with his.

Jimin's eyes close as he accepts her kiss. The two kiss on the floor of the hospital hallway in front of Mina's older sister's room. They break away to catch their breaths as Jimin whispers, "Mina, you're making me go crazy." Mina blushes and kisses him again as actions speak louder than words.

A voice clears her throat and Mina and Jimin break away shyly. Momo looks at them with her signature smirk as Mina quickly backs away from Jimin, "Unnie, you're not working...." Momo eyes Jimin and says, "So this is the Jimin guy?" Jimin asks Mina, "You told them about me?" She shakes her head and says, "They found out somehow."

Momo says frankly, "I heard you knew about Taehyung." She stays quiet and Momo says, "So you know what I have to do now." Mina raises her head confused and Momo says, "I got a job offer at your school and the pay is just enough to keep us alive so if Taehyung will start taking care of Sana then..."

Tears of joy forms in Mina's eyes as Momo says, "I'm quitting all my part time jobs and working full time at your school which also means, I'll be the first to find out when you don't show up."

Mina runs to hug her older sister Jimin continues to watch the wholesome interaction. Suddenly a voice comes, "We're having a group hug and you're not inviting me?" Taehyung pushes Sana as she rides a wheelchair. Mina looks at her and says, "Sana, you've basically recovered from your illness. You can walk." Sana blushes lightly and says, "I can but Taehyung won't let me."

Taehyung says, "She won't move a muscle until she's fully recovered." Momo glares at him and says jokingly, "So you're a rich kid."

Jimin then walks near to Mina and whispers to her ear, "How does he know Tzuyu?" Mina replies, "I think Taehyung is Mingyu's older brother." Momo puts Taehyung in a choke hold and yells, "YAH! I LENT YOU MONEY FOR YOUR DATES WITH SANA! PAY ME BACK 10 FOLD!"

Taehyung hides behind Sana's wheelchair as he breaks from Mina's hold. Jimin puts his arm around Mina's waist but she quickly pushes him away and warns him, "Slow down. We're taking this one step at a time."