Chapter 4: Double B

Mina walks to school for another dreaded day but as she tours the long hallways, she sees a familiar face. He turns to her and smiles. Mina says, "Dowoon, right?" He nods as she hands him a bag. Dowoon looks at it and says, "You can keep it, I don't mind." Mina smiles back and says, "No, I feel bad for keeping it. Thanks for the help yesterday, I really appreciate it."

Bambam suddenly joins the two as he puts his arm around Dowoon, "Whoa, new kid and nerd. What a dynamic duo." Dowoon brushes his hand of his shoulder Bambam smiles and winks at the two then proceed to leave. Mina tells him, "How about, I buy you lunch? To pay you back for helping me out on the first day."

Dowoon smiles back at her and says, "I don't like the food at the cafeteria, meet me in the library." Mina nods back as they separate to go to their classes. Jimin watches the two speak as he feels a hint of jealousy in his heart.

Soon lunch arrives and Jimin starts to walk to the cafeteria by himself. Jungkook rushes to his side and tells him, "Namjoon and Bobby are fighting again. Let's gooooo!"

Jimin walks to the commotion as the crowd around the fight silences. He sees the two grappling each other on the ground as Jungkook and Bambam pull them apart to break the fight. Jimin glare at the two as he says, "Ughh, I already bailed you two out the last 5 times. You're on your own, I can't stop the principal this time." Bobby spits blood as he says, "This bitch started it." Namjoon breaks free from Jungkook's hold as he rushes and pins Bobby to the ground.

Namjoon curses, "Take back what you said about Jeongy-" Jimin shoves Namjoon off Bobby and says, "Break it up, they called the teachers already."

As the crowd disperses and Jimin helps hides the mess, he notices Dowoon and Mina walk into the library together. He nears them secretly as he overhears their conversation. Mina asks, "What was that about?" Dowoon says, "Just another fight and Jimin saving his friends from expulsion. I usually ignore them, you should too."

Mina asks concerned, "But won't Jimin get hurt too?" Dowoon giggles and says, "Hurt? If you keep worrying about guys like him, then you'll get hurt. Mina, trust me when I say they're bad news." She asks him, "Did something happen between you two?"

Jimin then walks in and the two notice him. They turn quiet as Jimin chuckles, "Fancy meeting you here?" Dowoon says coldly, "You're in the library? I thought you said this was the only place us 'nerds' can feel safe." Jimn shrugs his shoulders and says, "I like to read. Mind if I join you?" Before Mina could accept his offer, Dowoon says, "Wow, I didn't know you could read. Mina and I were just leaving. Enjoy your 'reading.'"

Dowoon drags Mina out into a bench and pulls out a lunch box. She asks him, "Why are you so cold towards him?" Dowoon stays quiet as he pays the empty space next to him. Mina's eyes widened at the food and she asks, "Why are you being so nice? We just met and most of the other people are..." Dowoon finishes her sentence, "Assholes. Look, I like you. I really do but I can't stay here and protect you from everything." Mina stutters, "W-what are you saying?" Dowoon breaks out a big smile and says, "This isn't a confession Mina. You're wholesome and my first impression was good but the longer you stay in this school, the worse it gets."

They start to eat. Mina asks, "What happened? With Jimin?" Dowoon giggles and says, "My sister liked him and he lead her on. Being the fuckboy he is, he played with her. Dated her, cheated on her, and pressured her into sending nude photos which he shared. She was traumatized." Mina looks at him concerned as she says, "Is she ok?" Dowoon shakes his head and says without making eye contact, "Depression. She's still alive but she's living in anxiety. Which is why, stay away from him. Okay?"

Mina nods as she finishes the homemade food. As they walk back to their class, Mina says, "It sounded like you were leaving. Why can't you protect me anymore?" Dowoon meets her eyes and says, "I'm moving to America. Dad got a better job offer and we need money. I'm leaving tonight, so... good luck."

Without knowing it, Mina hugs him as she says, "I wish we got to know each other more." Dowoon chuckles and says, "All good things come to an end, but it's good to see that there are still people like you out there. It gives me... hope." Mina breaks from the hug and says, "If you ever comeback to Korea, contact me." She takes his phone and puts her number on it. Dowoon smiles and says, "I promise."

Meanwhile, Jimin continues to stalk the two from a far. Bambam holds his shoulder and says, "You staring at the new girl?" Jimin stays quiet as the two approach them. As Dowoon passes by him, he trips him. Dowoon groans as he trips and Mina is quick to help him out. This causes Jimin to burn even more in anger and jealousy.

Dowoon stands up quickly and shoves Jimin while says, "What's your problem?" Jimin just smirks and says, "It was an accident, chill." Dowoon exhales as he dusts his uniform and proceeds to walk away trying to avoid confrontation but Jimin provokes him, "How's your sister?"

Dowoon pauses as Mina looks at Jimin confused. He wasn't like this when they were alone. Jimin continues, "Last time I saw her, she was so happy and into herself. But that was before someone leaked her-" Dowoon lands a heavy punch onto Jimin's face as Mina shrieks. Jimin groans and throws one back. The two exchange heavy blows until one hit on Dowoon's temple causes him to stumble. Jimin plants himself on top of Dowoon and starts to repeatedly beat him up.

Bambam pulls him away but Jimin tries his best to break free. A teacher comes up and stops it quickly. The three are called to the principals office.

The principal sighs as he sees Jimin in his office once again. After hearing all three point of views of the story, the principal looks at the three. He says, "Dowoon, you're free to go." Jimin and Bambam sit quietly as the Principal says, "Bambam you're expelled."

He stands up furiously, "WHAT!? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! I STOPPED THE FIGHT BEFORE HE KILLED DOWOON. IF ANYTHING, JIMIN SHOULD BE EXPELLED!" The Principal looks at Jimin and says, "You know I can't..." Bambam says back, "What? Is it because of his dad?" The Principal says, "My decision is final. You're expelled, now get out of my office."

Bambam rakes his hair back as he scoffs. Jimin walks out quietly as he thinks about what his dad is going to say after he finds out.

Jimin returns to his next class as everyone stares at him but remain quiet. Bambam suddenly rushes in the room and yells, "YOU TRAITOR! No wonder they couldn't get rid of you. Is this what happened to Yugyeom and Youngjae?" Jimin remains quiet as Bambam continues to yell at him. Mina and Dowoon watch from a distance as they sit far from everyone else. Jungkook puts his hand on Bambam's shoulder as he asks, "What happened?"

Bambam slaps his hand off as he says, "Jimin happened. You know I'm not lying, I only stopped the fight. Ask Dowoon or Mina. I don't know why I'm the one getting expelled." Jungkook looks at Jimin in fear and Bambam notices. He chuckles and says, "I get it now. No wonder no one stood up to you, I'm surprised Dowoon didn't get expelled too."

Jimin continues to keep his head down as Bambam glances around the classroom and everyone is keeping their mouth shut. He spits on the ground and says, "Fucking cowards." He leaves while silence fill the room.

Dowoon tells Mina, "That's why you don't talk to Jimin."