Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:
Magnificent And Blissful
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Anne! Anne did you hear the news?" Mabel asked excitedly as she clapped her hands together, "It's...it's...it's.. outstanding! It's groundbreaking!
It's revolutionary!"

"What news? What is it? No, no, no! Wait, wait, let me guess! You saw her too?" Anne took Mabel's gloved hands into her mittened ones and spun her around the school yard. Mabel ignored the stares from her surrounding classmates as her face deepened a shade of red.

"Sorry, saw who?" Mabel tilted her head.

"Why, the woman on the bike, of course! In pants!" Anne exclaimed, separating their hands to jump around excitedly. "She's our new teacher!"

"In pants?"

"In pants!"

"Woah.." Mabel's shoulders slumped as images of Anne in pants flooded her, "She sounds.. amazing."

"She's our future!" Anne exclaimed, gripping Mabel by the shoulders and shaking her violently.

"What's our future?" Ruby asked, appearing with Josie and Diana by her side.

"Pants!" Mabel screamed, giggling shortly after. This attracted the attention of the boys near by for a brief second.

"Pants?" Diana looked shocked, "I'm not so sure about that, Mabel."

"But it's true! I saw a woman, riding a bike, wearing pants! It was-"

"Revolutionary!" Mabel cut her off.

"I agree!"

"Oh, Anne, Mabel.. you have the strangest of ideas." Ruby shook her head, leaning over and placing her milk into the freezing pond.

"Oh, girls! I forgot! My mother asked if any of you would like to join my family and me to see the Nutcracker?" Mabel suddenly remembered, hoping Marilla would agree to let Anne go.

"I'm sorry, Mabel." Diana shook her head, glancing at Anne, "My mother would never agree to that."

"I'll have to ask mine." Josie asked, "I've missed our outings together."

Mabel smiled softly at the taller girl, "So have I."

Anne furrowed her eye brows, as she watched them, an unfamiliar feeling bubbling in her stomach.

"I won't be able to make it either." Ruby frowned, "My mother said what those ballerinas wear is simply... well, wicked."

"That is so terribly unfair!" Mabel groaned, the sound of the school bell ringing gaining her attention.

She and Anne quickly turned and ran to the door.

"Well, my mother was talking to Mrs. Pye and she said that the PMSC felt that Miss Stacy is probably unsuitable."

"But she rides a motorbike!" Anne argued, holding open the door for Mabel, Josie, Diana, and Ruby.

"And wears pants!" Mabel cried, letting the door shut behind her.