11. Truth or Lie

Siren's POV

Today is the day that we've been waiting for. It's our Graduation, we all marched up and everyone got their diploma. Now, the time has come for me to do my speech.

"May we call on our Cum Laude, Sirenyx Vizel Montero." The Emcee said.

I went up the stage, keeping myself calm since stage fright is on its way. But behind that, I must stay confident. You can do this, Siren.

"Good Morning to each and everyone. Mapa-human being man or our not so human being friends." Panimula ko which caused the crowd to laugh. I can see my Mom and Dad smiling from ear to ear. Nandito rin si Ieuhence with his human form that keeps on laughing dahil doon sa inside joke ko.

"Today is the day we let go of the safety precautions, the certainties and the walls that kept us from the real world. Starting now, we are to make our own journey, free from margins that could restrict us to the limitless world. We are done from being sure that we'll make it through every semester because we made what we were tasked to do. Now, it is time to face the world of different challenges and a bigger competition. We may be crafted by the same institution that was considered as our second family but in the outside world, we are to compete with others and even one another. We are not perfect and flawless. We are not all Summa, Magna or Cum Laude. We have our own quirks, breaks and scratches. We are humans and we make mistakes. The thing is, we should learn from all our mistakes because from mistakes, lessons will surely follow. And now, we're breaking the chains that held us for 4 years. We may not know what's ahead for each one of us but this is what we've worked for. But before we make our own mark to our chosen careers, let us take some time to look back to the people who supported and help us to be who we are today."

"To the professors who molded us, Thank you! Thank you for placing us in a furnace that molded us which at times it may have burnt us but still, it made us who we are today. We may be rough but you patiently hammered us to form the strongest metals and swords. Now we can fight our battles through your help." Tumingin ako sa mga Professors namin and they all laughed. I looked at my schoolmates and classmates. Who would have thought that this Girl who doesn't like companions that much will have friends?

"To our friends and groupmates, thank you! Thank you for sticking with us till the very end. Some may have fought and some may have misunderstanding but all of us shall remain friends. Our automatic groupmates are the people who slept while we stay awake doing our thesis and projects. We became considerate to them because we want to be with them during our Graduation. We proved them wrong that "Gagraduate kayo kaso lang di sabay-sabay" was a myth because we are all here."

They all laughed. Daming naka relate siguro. But I can't blame them. This is college what we're talking about.

"To our parents, guardians and benefactors, thank you! Thank you for all the money you lent us. We all know that education doesn't go cheap anymore. Even with a price, our parents worked night and day to pay for our tuition. No matter how hard was it to get promissory notes, and to be in long line, they stood still. They paid for our necessities and wants."

Yeah. That's true. Even in my case, wala sila minsan kasi they've been working hard para lang sa akin.

"To the graduates, Congratulations! All the sleepless nights, partying, sleeping in classes and tireless lessons are over. We made it! All our college drama will come to an end. It's time for employment rage! Hahaha! But kidding aside, let's face the world with our freshness as fresh graduates. As we hold today our degrees, the degrees we've worked and studiedfor four years and for other's longer, is now accomplished. We did it!! Again, Congratulations Graduates!" And with that, I finished my speech. They all stood up and clapped.

Pagkatapos ng graduation namin, we headed back to our house. May hinanda kasing party si Mommy. Pagkadating namin, sinalubong agad nila kami and they all congratulated me for my achievements. Julia called earlier just to greet me. Not to be rude, but hindi ko naman kilala mostly ang mga nandito ngayon. Maybe they are my parents' friends, some I could say mga business partners and they're all too casual.

Ieuhence is with me all the time. I can all see the stares of the girls toward him. Tss! But I can't blame them either, he's just too—perfect.

"Wag masyadong mag-selos, babe." He leaned and whispered those to me.

"You wish." I said and I rolled my eyes on him heavenwards. Dang! Halata ba?

He just giggled, put his arms around my waist and whispered,"I don't have to because it's happening right now." I flickered and blushed. "But Siren, don't be jealous. I'm all yours." He added.

Seriously?! How can he be this hot? I can feel his breath on my ears. Oh God, I'm so sorry for checking out your Angel.

"Ah—Mom, akyat lang po ako sa taas." paalam ko kay Mommy. She just nodded and smiled at me and Ieuhence.

Pumasok na kami sa kwarto at sumalampak ako sa kama. Ugh! So tired.

My Angel sat beside me and said, "Let's play." Inayos niya ang upo niya at tinayo ako."20 questions." He added habang nakangiti.

"Okay?" I stated. Sino ba naman kasi ang hindi magugulat? Bigla-bigla na lang siyang nag-aya maglaro.

"Magtatanong ako tapos sasagot ka then vice versa, okay? You start first." Sabi niya and give me the sign na magtanong na.

Nagiisip ako nang itatanong ko sa kanya nang maalala ko yung panaginip ko, "Ieuhence, do angels die?" I asked him.

He looked at me and answered, "No we don't, but we bleed. Not by ordinary object or accident, pwede lang kaming masugatan gamit ang mga bagay na related sa amin. You know, angel stuffs."

"Describe your past relationship." He asked habang nakatingin sa mata ko.

I chuckled. Seriously? Wala ata sa sarili niya ang Anghel kong ito.

"NBSB po ako." I answered him back.

"Ayy! Oo nga pala. Unfair!" He giggled and scratch his nape.

"Who is your first kiss?" I asked.

Where did I get that?! Pahamak talaga itong utak ko minsan. Nagulat siya sa tanong ko and for a moment, I think I saw him blushed.

"Sikretong malupit." Sabi niya at nagtaas-baba ng kilay.

So that means, he already kissed someone?! "Ang daya! Dali na!"

"I choose not to answer." He laughed.

"Bakit hindi ka pa nagkaka-boyfriend?" tanong niya.

Tss! Ang galing niya magbago nang usapan, "We're not playing anymore, ang daya mo!" I pouted.

"You're so cute." He said which caused me to blush. "Come on, we're still playing." He insisted.

"Maybe, I'm not yet interested?" I answered his question with a question. Ang gulo ko! Hahaha! Basta iyon na yun. Pero mas interesado ata ako sa Anghel ko, ang landi mo Siren!

"I—I'm in love with you. Truth or Lie?" He asked.