5. Secret

Siren's POV

After Ieuhence explained all about their world, my Grandma called yesterday. Sabi niya, she'll visit me here at home and I'm so excited. It's been awhile since I last saw her.

Nandito ako ngayon sa living room while waiting for her. Ieuhence is with me, tahimik lang siya at parang may iniisip.

*Ding dong*

That must be Grandma! I ran towards the door when Ieuhence shouted."Siren, be careful!"

I didn't argue with him until I saw Grandma, infront of me, "Grandma!" I hugged her very tight.

"Nyx!" Ang hyper talaga ni Grandma and yes, Nyx ang tawag niya sa akin para naman daw maiba.

We headed back at the living room habang tahimik parin si Ieuhence.

"Balita ko you're this year's Cum Laude, Apo" she said and I answered her with a smile. "I'm so proud of you, from the very start I knew you will get that spot."

See? Ang supportive diba? "Thank you Grandma." Sagot ko at ngumiti lang siya sa akin. She looked at my other side and smiled.

"What are you thinking, young man?" Grandma asked.

Young man? Teka, babae po ako. I don't know who she's referring to. Unless—

When I looked at her, she's looking straightly at Ieuhence and I think, it was Ieuhence whom she's addressing to.

"Grandma, you can see him?" I asked her and she nodded as a response. That was the time when Ieuhence stopped whatever he's thinking and looked at Grandma.

"Yes iha, matagal ko na siyang nakikita. He's always around, following you, making sure that you're safe and whispers to you, hoping that you'll follow everything he says." She whispered to me.

I looked at Ieuhence as he walks towards us. I learned to appreciate him more based on what Grandma had said. I'm really lucky to have him as my Guardian Angel.

Ieuhence decided to approach us and asked, "Nakikita niyo po ako for the whole time?"

"Yes." Grandma said plainly.

"Lahat po ng ginagawa ko?" He asked again, looked like he's tensed.

"Yes Iho, all of them, even the smallest things you did." Grandma answered with her playful smile.

Ieuhence laughed. "So nakita nyo po yung araw na—"

Nice try Angel! But you can't hide that nervous face of yours.

"Yes, even that, Young Man." Lola cut him off.

Wait,what are they talking about? Like hello? I'm here. It seems like I was not with them, I'am a bit curious about that.

"Don't worry, that secret is safe with me." Lola said. Before I could ask something, they both looked at each other and laughed.

Jeez! What's wrong with them?

***

Grandma went home eventually and we decided to go back to my room.

"You seemed quite. What's bugging you?" Ieuhence asked.

I looked at him and he's doing his mannerism again. Do Angels have the same mannerism that he does? Or siya lang? I shrugged those questions of and asked what bothers me, "Ano yung secret niyo ni Lola? What about it?"

He laughed the thought of it and answered, "Don't worry about it. It's none of your concern right now, Ms. Siren." He answered.

Wait—that's my line huh?!

eA}?/42ª