17. Where Is He?

Siren's POV

Her hands are still on my stomach as if she's feeling something.

"What? What is it? May problema ba?" I asked her while she's still staring at my tummy. She looked at me and smiled weakly.

"From now on, mag-iingat kana parati ha? You should take care of yourself more, Siren." Sabi niya nang nakangiti.

"Bakit?" I asked her.

"This is the first time that I've encounter a moment like this. Who would have thought? The legends are true after all." She said.

I can't understand what she's saying. Bakit hindi na lang niya ako diretsuhin? I'm sorry for being this impatient pero sumasakit na ang ulo kakaisip kung ano bang problema.

"Parang alam ko na kung bakit nagkakaganun si Ieuhence." She looked at me.

"Spill it, Francheska. Please, my head is throbbing and I don't know what seems to be the problem." I irritably told her.

"You're pregnant Siren and obviously its Ieuhence's child." Sabi niya nang may makahulugang ngiti sa kanyang labi.

W-what?! That's too much to take in pero wait, I'm what? "A-anong pinagsasabi mo?" I asked her intently.

She just rolled her eyes heavenwards at tumawa. "Hahaha! I'm sorry. Hahaha! Okay, I'll stop na. Gosh Siren, your face is epic! Hahaha!"

"Francheska, please stop laughing! Baka mapasukan nang langaw yang bibig mo kakatawa. Be serious and please enlighten me. Gulong-gulo na ako, oh." I said and showed her how irritated I'am.

"Okay, okay chill lang. Sirenyx, you are pregnant with Ieuhence's child. An angel's child to be exact at parang yun yung dahilan kung bakit— kung bakit siya umalis." She said and saw her face gets sad.

So he knew? At iniwan niya ako dito? He abandoned me? Us? How could he?! Why do I feel like I'm betrayed? Napahawak nalang ako sa tiyan ko. My baby.

"He left us?" iyon lang ang tanging lumabas sa bibig ko after I realized everything.

"I don't know, Siren. I don't know the real story but that's what is written on our rule book. Remember that angel-mortal love rule?" she asked.

I nodded.

"He broke it and he need to face the consequences based on what he did. But hey, don't jump into conclusions yet. We still don't know on what he's up to." she smiled

Ewan ko pero blangko ang isip ko ngayon. Bakit niya nilihim sa akin?

Ieuhence, kung nasaan kaman sana bumalik kana, hindi ko kaya ito nang mag-isa, are you really abandoning us? Iiwan mo ba kami ni Baby? Diba sabi mo you'll stay here with me no matter what. Pero ngayon, you're nowhere to be found.

***

Days, weeks and months had past but still no Ieuhence. Mabuti nalang at nandito si Francheska to take care of me and my baby. We became friends, a close one rather, that feels like we're sisters from another mother. She even shifted to her human form at sinasamahan ako sa mga lakad ko pati na rin sa shopping spree!

"Siren, look! It's so cute! Bagay na bagay kay baby ito!" she beamed and raised a baby pink balloon dress.

"Really, Ches? A dress? We don't know yet the gender of my baby." I told her and caressed my stomach.

In a span of 5 months ay visible na ang baby bump ko. Mom and Dad already know about it and they are happy for me. They didn't even bother to ask kung nasaan na si Ieuhence. Speaking of Ieuhence, I dream of him every night. He seems lost and unable to go back here. He keeps on calling my name and I found myself panting each time I wake up from that dream.