1. Siren

Siren's POV

My name is Sirenyx Vizel Montero, the only heiress of the Montero Group of Companies. Ako ang nag-iisang anak so expect that they'll be strict pag dating sa akin at sa mga whereabouts ko.

I'm 20 years old, currently taking up Information Technology since ayun ang gusto ng parents ko. I'm almost done with it, last semester ko na at proud sila sa akin dahil I'm always on top sa Dean's list. They are hoping na sana tuloy-tuloy na sa pagiging batch Cum Laude.

"So how's school, Siren?" Mom asked me. They always call me that or by my second name.

"It's fine," I answered back.

Good thing, I remembered. May competition pala kami and I was chosen to represent our school.

"Uhh, Mom?"

"Yes Siren?" I just looked at my Mom who's currently eating her breakfast with poise and grace. What can I do? My Mom is a perfectionist.

"Our school will have a competition and I was—"

*Ring ring ring*

I just sighed.

I bet that's about business, can't they just have a break and hear me out? May parents nga ako pero napaka-workaholic nila pareho. I understand that they're doing it for me but do they ever think that's not what I want? I just want them to be here with me kahit 1 day man lang. Na sana, they will set aside their business first and prioritize me just for once.

"What is it you're saying, Siren?" Mom mumbled after putting her phone down.

"Ahh. Wala po, never mind it."

I just let it go. Para ano pa? I'm sure na mas uunahin lang nila ang business nila kaysa sa akin.

"Okay. And oh! Me and your Dad will be out for a week or two."

See what I'am talking about? 100 points for Siren! Take note the sarcasm. It might be a business trip for sure.

"A business trip, Mom?" I asked her kahit alam ko naman ang sagot.

"Yeah," she answered as she gets ready para makaalis na sila and off to their new home.

Well, I call their company as "new home" since seldom lang naman sila umuwi dito plus the business trips that they have.

"No parties and boys, okay?" Dad told me using his authoritative voice.

"Sure." I agreed.

They don't have to worry about that because me, myself, doesn't have interest on that stuffs.

Going to parties? Getting drunk and wasted? No thanks! I'd rather choose to face my laptop and do some programming stuffs.

Boys? Nah, I'd rather stay in bed and sleep. For what? Napaka obvious naman siguro but to make it clear, yes NBSB ako, short for No Boyfriend since birth. Well, I don't like mushy stuffs anyway.

Brrrr...it creeps me out, big time!

Hay.

All alone na naman ako dito and I have nothing to do. Thinking of going out? Nope, I'm too lazy when it comes to gala-gala. Boring? Yes, I can't blame them if they say that my life is too boring. Well, in fact it's my choice, school and bahay lang talaga ako.

I, somewhat build a wall to keep unrelevant things and people out of my life. Too rude? No. Don't take it that way, ayaw ko lang kasi ng distractions and such. I just want to keep things in touch and the way I want them to be. But, please don't get me wrong.