Chapter 25

Author's note: Hello reader! Thank you so much for reading up to this point. The last chapter may or may not have given you a scare but everything should be back to normal knowing that I have such sweet supportive readers. Writing is exhausting but knowing that people want to read and look forward to the updates brings me immense joy. Thanks again.

Now on to the chapter!

"And we'll be camping afterwards. We're gonna have a fire and everything, right Nami? " said Luffy handing Nami who was on a step ladder two cans of milk.

"Yeah. Pass me the tuna next please."

Mr. Brook sat down at his dining table while his two former students help pack his kitchen cupboard. It was a huge help and he loved their visits.

'Yohohohoho' "That sounds wonderful, Luffy-san."

Nami got down the ladder with Luffy's help- he was such a gentleman lately - and went to pack the perishable goods in the fridge.

She made sure to be extra careful today and wore pants instead of a skirt. The last time she was packing the shelves a few visits ago, Brook had pretended to slip, conveniently landing face up by the foot of the ladder. Nami however, was no fool and had almost gorged his eyeballs out with her heels. She gave him an earful that day and he promised not to do it again but she wasn't planning on giving him a second chance. The audacity of the old man was beyond her.

There was a knock at the door and Mr. Brook opened to find his fellow resident Ms. Charlotte Linlin who was rumoured to have birthed a total of 85 children from her past 43 husbands. Her nickname was Big Mum. A new girl and according to her, his biggest fan and he couldn't shake her off his tail.

"How are you, Soul King?"

"Please don't call me that, young lady." Those days of his wild youth were long over.

Linlin giggled behind her hands. "I have a present for you. Here." She pushed the white paper bag in his hands, gave him a wink and walked away with a swing to her hips.

Big Mum happened to overhear him asking the young nurses for a particular item and she had just the thing.

Mr. Brook watched her disappear down the hall and back down at the 'present'. Opening it was a mistake. He pulled out a pair of red super-sized, gigantic, lacy undies and it was a wonder he didn't die right there and then.

"What's that?"

"That's none of your business, Luffy, " said Nami but seeing the teacher dump the bag in the bin made her curious too but she chose not to pry. They had a big day ahead of them after all. She didn't have time for chit chat.

"It's nothing, " he said smiling uncomfortably wide and he saw Nami reach for Luffy's hand. "You kids have fun at the beach."

"We will. Sorry we can't stay longer today, we gotta run. We'll tell you all about it when we get back. "

"I'll look forward to it."

Mr. Brook wasn't his usual self and when Nami was about to take her leave, Luffy said: