Chapter 26

The time was 10:58pm and Nami recapped her highlighter and closed her syllabus.

School was resuming in two weeks and she sighed for the 100th time that day.

Nami checked her phone for a response from Luffy but was left on read. That was eight hours ago and she tried not to let it get to her head.

The fact that he was unable to get an ounce of sleep last night worried her and she sent him a message asking how he was. All the bastard had to do was reply and Nami though unhappy and annoyed didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing.

She twirled her hair and pinned it up in a lazy bun and she exhaled loudly and collapsed on her sheets.

It was getting late but she couldn't help overthinking that maybe he was ignoring her or maybe-

Her phone rang and Nami almost fell off the bed hustling to grab it.

"Hello?"

No response came and Nami bit the inside of her cheek.

"I know it's you, Luffy."

"Can you come outside?"

Nami double checked the time.

"Outside?"

"Please."

It was no longer a question and she snuck out her room, slipped on her outside shoes, went to the front door and quietly closed it behind her.

Bellemere and Nojiko went in early for the night and a part of her told her to stay but when it came to Luffy, Nami had a bad habit of throwing caution to the wind.

And let's face it. She wanted to see him too.

Nami spotted him across the street just waiting. Taking one last careful look behind her, she went to him and once close, she stood a small distance away and tilted her head.

Luffy gave her one glance and shot his eyes back down to the pavement. The streets were silent as they should be. An owl hooted in the night and crickets were at play. Her boyfriend on the other hand was as silent as stars.

Not knowing him to be this way, Nami's brows relaxed and she outstretched her arms pulling him down enough so her head could fit comfortably on his shoulder. It didn't take much time for him to lock an arm around her; the other burried deep in her hair, pressing her close against him.

Nami could tell that he had a lot on his mind and naturally she wanted to help.

A wind blew and Luffy felt her shiver. Out of no where he pulled out a red jacket and helped her put it on.

Nodding at his work, Luffy took her by the hand and together they made way down the road to where Nami discovered was the nearest 7-Eleven.

The store attendant greeted them and Nami watched Luffy curiously as he grabbed a small hand basket and her appetite was opened seeing him pick up a few treats.

It didn't take her long to realize he was getting all her favourite snacks and her heart fluttered when he went over to the fridge and took his time to choose the best bag of mikans- just like how she showed him in the past.