Chapter 13

Fair warning: This is a short one.

"NOOOO!," I screamed. I ripped through my bonds and crawled closer to my brother, ignoring everything around us.

"D-do you think I'll get to tell them I'm sorry?," Alex choked out. Tears began to fall from my eyes, but I didn't care. I had finally gotten my brother back, only to lose him again. I gripped his hand.

"Y-you're a hero, Alex. Y-you saved my life. You'll make it to Elysium. Say hi to them for me, will you?," I asked, my voice cracking. He gave me one last smile.

"Promise.," he whispered. I watched as the light left his eyes. I wiped my eyes and stood, trembling with rage.

"Enough.," I said, deathly calm. "First, you killed my parents. Now, you've killed my brother!," I shouted.

I gave a battle cry and pushed my powers as much as I could without hurting Brian and Macy. They stepped back, knowing I had to do this. Talli flew into the back wall, but before they could make impact, Will grabbed Adrian's shoulder and shadow-traveled away.

I screamed in frustration and fell to my knees, sobbing. Brian and Macy came and hugged me. After a few moments, I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes.

"They aren't finished, yet. We have to stop them.," I said.

"But how? We don't even know where they're headed.," Macy pointed out.

"True.," I said. Then, I caught sight of Talli still by the wall. "But we have someone who does."

I walked over and tapped my bracelet for my dagger before pointing it at her.

"Wait! I'll tell you everything!," she insisted. The three of us stared at her distrustfully.

"Please. I don't want anything to do with them anymore. I swear it on the River Styx!," she promised. I raised an eyebrow as thunder cracked in the distance.

"Alright, then talk.," I said. She took a deep breath.

"They promised me power. Power I couldn't resist..," she explained. "Among other things. I'm sorry.," she said.

"Where are they headed? What are their plans?," Brian asked. Talli looked close to tears.

"That's why I want to stop. Their plan is to attack my home. Our home.," she told us. The three of us shared a look and spoke in unison.

"Camp Half-Blood."

Told you it'd be short! And poor Alex! :'( Next chapter will be up next Friday. Thanks for reading and don't forget.....VOTE!