Chapter 15

I've got my groove back!

It seemed only minutes later when we were able to see camp and we didn't like what we saw. It was a war zone.

Already, campers were fighting for their lives against hordes of monsters. Although, Adrian and Will were nowhere in sight. Immediately, I came up with a battle plan.

"Macy! You stay in the air and fire arrows at any enemies you can. When you run out, help in any way you can. Brian and Talli! The three of us will dive down in different sections of the battle and get rid of any monsters that stand in our way. Got it?," I said. They each nodded. Brian and I donned our armor and all four of us took out our chosen weapons. I raised my sword and the others did the same with their weapons.

"For home!," I exclaimed. They repeated the cry and Macy began to fire arrows into the army of monsters. The rest of us leaned forward as our pegasi dived into the battle.

As soon as I was close enough to the ground, I leaped off the pegasus, telling it to find safety, and began fighting.

I hacked and I slashed until I was covered in gold dust. I don't know how much time passed, but I fought until my sword became an arc of pure destruction.

My technique eventually felt repetitive. Hack, roll, slash, dodge. Hack, roll, slash, dodge. Finally, I found a break in my section and tried to find Brian in the crowd.

"Duck!," a voice that sounded like Jack McKormic screamed. I didn't dare question it and ducked. Not a moment later, one of Jack's throwing knives impaled a dracanae that was about to stab me in the back right between the eyes. I turned to thank him, but he was already gone.

I started fighting again and tried to make my way to Brian, but a sinister laugh to my right stopped me. I turned and met the eyes of the person responsible for this with a Stygian iron lance in hand.

Adrian Grimm.

That was shorter than I thought, but hey! I updated! And I'm starting to get back into the writing spirit! Sadly, this story is almost over. I think I can still get about 2 or 3 chapters. Maybe. And an epilogue. Next chapter will be up next weekend. Thanks for reading and VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!