17 - Hunt

No one's POV

As Tzuyu aim at the leader, monsters swarms around them, the three immediately use flight magic to advance, taking advantage of their number, the monsters instantaneously block their path while unleashing every attack possible. Claw attack, fang attack, poison attack, fire attack and many more aim directly at the three with no way out. Tzuyu is force to drop her attack and in split-second the three took defensive position, with the help of their armor and defensive badge fend off every attack possible, Chaeyoung with her sword cut through magic that was thrown to them, Dahyun just took every attack directly activating her bloodline magic:Heal turning her near immortal as long as she have mana she can recover any wounds and Tzuyu erected magic and physical barrier around her deflecting and absorbing every attack, and in an instant the three with there familiars unleash their own attacks.

Chaeyoung used exploding flame while her familiar use dragon breath, directly hitting the ground and instantly killing monster in contact and the shock wave cause the monster to stop from their continuous attack which give Tzuyu time to use Ice domain immobilizing monster 100 meters around her and Tzuyu's familiar Cerberus smash every frozen monsters to pieces while Dahyun cast divine judgment decimating every monsters it touches while her familiar a Phoenix simultaneously cast healing and buff spells Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. The monsters number diminishes as the battle progresses, but nonetheless the monsters are still bindly attacking the three giving the head time to advance to the city with thousand monsters following his steps.

Seconds turned to minute and minute turned to hour, the three advances step by step, swiftly decreasing the monsters number, dead body piled up at the battlefield as the battle progresses. Different forms of magic are thown, different monsters parts are cut and different weapons are used.

"Lets end this" Chaeyoung said as she attack head on, pulling her sword from thin air and controlling 3 more to hover around her, she use shadow movement and appears in the middle of monsters. With her swords floating, she controlled them to spin around her so fast that it look like a chain is around her, the monsters immediately took action and attack, the swords turned into a meat grinder slicing every monsters that dares to lay a finger on their master. Dahyun also pulled out her spear and poured her mana in it, countless spear fathoms materializes in the blink of an eye pierce every monsters it can. Tzuyu followed, pulling her bow and arrow activating her bloodline magic hundred shots hundred hits, leveled a small mountain nearby.

Seeing as all of the monsters the he is controlling is defeated the head monster roared angrily, the roar contains magic and the maknaes are pushed a few meters away from where they are standing. Chaeyoung and Dahyun swiftly jumps to where Tzuyu is, the three of them nods at each other knowing what each of them are thinking silently agreed on a plan. With Chaeyoung and Dahyun attacking at close range and Tzuyu long range attack seizing every opening Dubchaeng made.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun rushes to where the monster is, the two of them trade attacks with the monster while Tzuyu interrupts every magic it tried to cast. Little by little the monster slowly withers but so the three, suddenly the monster releases a magic breath without warning Dahyun and Chaeyoung caught off guard was only able to block most of its damage the monster quickly follow his attack, with the two being force away because of shockwave wasn't able to  defend themselves, betting everything she got, Tzuyu unleashes her bloodline magic directly at the monster giving time for Dubchaeng to retreat and and steady themselves. The monster caught off guard took full damage on Tzuyu's attack but still wasn't able to kill it.

The maknaes movements are synchronize. The maknaes whose been fighting for a few hours now are having a hard time maintaining their pace, one wrong move can lead to major problem. Tzuyu whose been running around shooting her arrows are nearing her limit, she's having a hard time shooting accurately now. Dahyun and Chaeyoung whose fighting while interrupting the monsters attacks are breathing heavily now. The monster is still going strong, slashing at the two, deflecting Tzuyu's arrow and casting magic to attack Tzuyu.

"Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung shouted, Tzuyu understand and rush to where Chaeyoung is while Chaeyoung retreats. "Keep it occupied" Chaeyoung said at the two. Tzuyu uses her bow to defend while simultaneously shooting her arrow. Dahyun switched her spear to two short swords and buffed herself, attacking the monster at his blind spot but because Dahyun prioritizes her speed she lacks the fire power to deal a serious blow to the enemy. The two kept the monster at bay while Chaeyoung is waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. Chaeyoung knew they only have one shot, she need to make it counts.

"NOW!" Dahyun and Tzuyu shouts at the same time when the monster loses his balance. Chaeyoung immediately casted her spell, Shadow Spike, this creates 12 giant sword made of shadow, Chaeyoung impaled the monster dealing a lot of damage Tzuyu and Dahyun attacks with water blade and Chaeyoung quickly followed up with Lightning wrathful strike dealing the final blow. As the battle ends, the three looked at each other a small smile is etched at the maknaes faces, but Chaeyoung's smile didn't last long as she slowly looses consciousness, Dahyun and Tzuyu rush to her but Dahyun whose speed was buffed earlier arrive first catching Chaeyoung before she falls on the ground.

"She need to rest, she depleted most of her magic. We need to rest to Unnie, I'm almost at my limit." Tzuyu said as she slowly approaches Dahyun whose holding Chaeyoung.

"Can you cast Gate?" Dahyun ask Tzuyu.

"Yes unnie, but We need to stay here for a bit, I already send a message to the organization about our mission and the president is headed here. I think I only have enough mana to open the gate once until I pass out too." Tzuyu explains.

"Oh sure" Dahyun answered while slowly sitting up and letting Chaeyoung sleep on her lap.

The President soon arived, Dahyun told him everything while Tzuyu is keeping an eye on sleeping Chaeyoung. The President let them go as he noticed how battered the three look like. Tzuyu open the dimentional gate, she carried Chaeyoung and walk towards the gate followed by Dahyun. The three reaches home, slowly they fall asleep forgetting the fact that they needed to go to school tomorrow.

Unknown to them a shadow watch their match from the beginning to end.