Chapter 11

I turned off the camera, threw it to the ground and hugged my bestfriends.

"Wait. I'm mad at you guys. Why didn't you tell me when you guys were leaving??"

Dylan spoke up. "We didn't want to tell you cause we thought it would be harder for us to let go."

"Guess you made the wrong choice." Gavin said under his breath but was loud enough to hear.

"Zip it Bukko!" I snapped at him.

"Watch it." My mom said to us, as she told Gavin to walk out of the room.

"Thanks for being a gentlemen" I spoke as he walked out of the room.
-
-
-
-
The boys stayed the rest of the night and were at Grandma and Grandpa's house almost everyday with us.

Christmas was super fun!! I got to stay up with the adults while the kids were in bed since neither Daxton or Winston wanted to go to bed. So I was on sister/cousin duty.

And in the morning it was exciting to see the kiddos open up their presents. I got a laptop for school and some candy. (I'm not a person who really wants a lot of things, plus my birthday was 10 days ago. I was all presented-out)

"Hey guys" I said into the camera. "It's Christmas morning and since mom and dad are making breakfast and watching Daxton, I thought I might help with the vlogs."

I walked over to my gifts and showed the camera. "So I got a laptop for all my school work and some candy. MNMs and Reese's are my favorite. And I didn't get a lot cause it was my birthday a few days ago."

Brock came running to me. "Show the camera." He said enthusiastically holding up his Spider-Man action figure.

"The camera is on dude. Here, take it and show them your other toys."

Brock ran to where all his toys were laid out and vloged it.

"No. You're doing it wrong." Avia went to show Brock how to 'correctly' vlog.

"Avia. Let him be. He's only four." I spoke as I walked closer to them.

Brock pushed Avia softly. And Avia pushed back, not exactly softly. Brock fell back to the Christmas tree and one of the ornaments cut Brock in the face.

He got up and I could see the blood dripping down his face before he could start to cry.

Avia had the camera and started to vlog us.

"Put the camera down Av!" I yelled at her as I picked up Brock and took him to the kitchen were mom and dad were.

Nobody really saw what happened except for me, Brock, Avia, and the camera. Everyone was too busy opening their gift to notice what was happening.

I ran with Brock to the kitchen where mom and dad took him. I told them exactly what had happened.

When they looked at Brock's cut it was even bloodier than before. And he screamed louder. Louder to the point that Christmas wasn't about fun and gifts and was now about Brock getting cut.

All the cousins and siblings crowded around Brock except for one little girl-Avia.

I walked over to see her and ask what's wrong. "What's wrong dude?!"

"I hurt Brock. I am the reason why he might need stitches. I ruined Christmas."

She began to cry. I hugged her.

Mom and Dad decided that they should take Brock to the ER to get stitches. The cut went from the top of his forehead, down to his cheekbone, and back up to his eye. It was really bad.

Before Mom and I left to the ER with Brock and Daxton, Avia went over to Brock to apologize.

"Sorry Brock." Avia said as she began to cry and hug Brock. "You can have all my Christmas candy"

"Candy?!?!" Suddenly the pain was all gone and the mood lightened up.