Chapter 25

Colette's POV:

We live close to a hospital, but I don't want to risk anything.

After about 7 minutes, the paramedics are at the house.

Shay and Brock walked in through the garage, just as the paramedics pulled up.

I told the paramedics where Daxton was and that Chelsea was holding him very still, and that I had no idea what had happened to my child.

The paramedics slowly grab Dax out of Chelsea's arms and place him on a board to keep him still.

"Two people can come into the ambulance with us," one of them told me.

I obviously was going to go. I am his mother, and plus, I had no idea what had happened. I needed to know.

The second person...At first I thought that Shay should come. I mean he is the father, but then again, who would bring the kids to the hospital. Plus, Chelsea knows what happened to Daxton. She could tell me exactly what she saw.

"Shay? Is it okay if Chelsea and I go? I don't know who long we will be there and I want to kids to be there. And no one else can drive them."

He nodded.

I gave him a hug and a kiss and got into the ambulance and sat next to my son worrying about his health and what was wrong.

"Chelsea. Get in." I said to my daughter who was only 3 feet away from me.

She slowly but surely got into the ambulance, and we were off the hospital.

-

-

-
(At the hospital)

"You guys just don't want to be away from me, do you?" Dr. Reynold laughed.

"Nope." We all spoke.

"Chelsea, can you explain to me exactly what you saw and heard?" My daughter looked at me and spoke.

"We were watching the Maze Runner and it was almost done. I heard Daxton waking up in baby monitor, and he started coughing. I thought nothing of it until I got closer to his room where I heard his cough get more intense. It seemed as if he was choking. I rushed to his room, and he was coughing up blood. So I picked him up and say down on the chair. Soon after that, he started seizing. I didn't know what to do, so I stayed still cause I didn't want him to shake again. I called Avia through the monitor and told her that he wasn't moving and that's all I told her because I didn't know for sure what happened. And yeah." She finished and looked up at me.

"I'm glad you did what you did. It really made a difference." Dr. Reynold pointed her out towards the waiting room where I could see the rest of the family sitting.

"You are very lucky, Colette. Chelsea knows a lot. I don't think she realizes how much she did to save Daxton's life. If it weren't for her, the damage would have been worse, or could have been worse. I can't stress that enough to her, but you can."

I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and gave him a hug.

"Okay. We have to finish a couple of tests. You can go out to the waiting room for a while and we'll call you back in when we have some answers on how he's doing."