5. The almost Kiss

Dinner, Toni's house,

Toni's POV

  Her mother was a monster... How could she? And how could Cheryl take it?

Me: Cheryl, that's wrong, that's a crime, she can't do that to you.

Cheryl: She can, and I'm used to it.

Me: You shouldn't. Again I'm so sorry you have to live like this.Is there anything more I should know?

Cheryl: No, and don't worry Toni, I don't feel it anymore.

Me: Cheryl, stop pretending you are tough... I'm gonna help you, okay?

Cheryl: How?

Me: I don't know... I'll think about it, but right now, I just want to be here for you.

Cheryl: You are the first person who actually cared about me, since Jason. Thank you.

Me: You don't have to thank me, Cheryl, I'm here, anytime.

Cheryl: Do you like me?

  What did she just asked? If I liked her? Of course I did. But did she meant in a romantic way? I didn't know what to tell her.

Cheryl's POV

Me: Do you like me?

  Did I really just asked that? She probably didn't, and I was probably scaring her. I met her today but everything was feeling so right. But I shouldn't had asked her that.

Me: Like, as a person...

  I say trying to cover up.

Toni: Oh I do. I really like you. I would like to get to know you better if you dont mind of having a serpent friend.

Me: Of course I don't. I know I'm kinda of bitchy sometimes... And I'm sorry. It's just-

Toni: A way of protecting yourself, a defense mechanism.

Me: Yeah, how do you-

Toni: I understand...

Me: I feel like you can read me... That's kinda of scary...

Toni: Why?

Me: Because you can understand what's wrong with me, how I feel...

Toni: Maybe, but you are still a big mistery to me.

Me: What do you want to know?

Toni: You.

  A bunch of feelings attack me. I liked her and I wanted to tell her but I didn't know how. She could reject me, I could scare her away. God, what should I do? After the dinner we kept talking for a bit, she was so cool, funny and badass... We decide do to go to bed. I was already under the covers and Toni was taking off her clothes.

Me: If you want me to I can get out of the room... So you can change...

Toni: There's no need to that, dont worry Cheryl, besides, I saw you on your underwear so I guess we are even now.

Me: I guess we are...

  I try to look away but she was hot in her black underwear... I'm frozen and I can't stop starring. "Cheryl stop looking you freak" I think to myself. Toni stops and she looks at me laughing, I'm still frozen in time.

Toni: Cheryl? Are you okay?

  "I'm great" I say still looking at her body.

Toni: Hey! I'm up here...