9. Pop Booth's Conversations

Pop's, Cheryl's POV

Me: Hey Toni, can we talk? Alone?

  All the girls start looking at us with worried looks on their faces.

Toni: Yeah...

  We both get up and move away from the booth. When we are finally alone I get the courage to ask her, afraid of the answer.

Me: Toni, what was that?

Toni: What?

Me: Oh, really? What was that in the booth? I just had the best morning ever and I thought you liked me you know... the same way I like you. How could I ever think someone would care for me?! You didn't have to be rude!

Toni: Hey calm down. I'm sorry, I just thought you wanted to keep it a secret, I didn't want to make you get out of the closet... Cheryl I also had the most wonderful morning ever, and I really like you, I was just worried I didn't want to hurt you. I dont even know, what are we?!

Me: Oh sorry I didnt know you were trying to protect me... I am afraid of what people might say our do, to be honest, but there's no way Im not gonna risk it for you. I dont even like this people... Do you want to keep it a secret?

Toni: I just want you to feel safe, with me- she said while squezzing my hand.

Me: What do you want us to be?

Toni: I want-

  We were interrupt again. This time by Archie who was pushing us to the booth were the girls are now siting with Jughead, Sweet Pea, Fangs, Reggie and Kevin. I was feeling like I was in that party again.

Me: What do you want?

Archie: Come with me, we are all talking...

Toni: Yeah we were talking too.

  Archie stops at the booth and looks at us "I'm sorry...I didn't know I was interrupt-". Reggie interrupts Archie. God can anyone finish a sentence in Riverdale?

"Hey girls" he says looking at us. Everybody stops talking to look at us. I notice me and Toni are holding hands. What should I do? There's a silence in the room. I decide to stop holding her hand and let it go. The minute I do that Toni grabs my hand again, and I look at her with a smile as I feel her squeeze my hand. "So... Cheryl... I heard you and Toni are acting all lesbos now after what happend in the closet... God I would kill to know what happend in there." I start to get worried, and I feel the eyes of 9 teenagers looking at me "I-- I" I dont know what to say, but even if I knew I was interrupt by Reggie again "And I also heard you shared a bed, did you share anything else?" At this time everybody just starts getting frustrated at Reggie. I feel weak and stupid, I start to run away but I'm stopped by Toni. She grabs my harm and whispers "Stay".

Toni's POV

  That guy Reggie was being a jerk to Cheryl and I couldn't take it anyone so I take a step forward. "Reggie, I dont know what is most troubling about you, your childish attitudes or the fact that you are drowning in your own testosterone. Do me a favor and disappear, because that macho attitude you have, only serves to make you feel better with the fact that deep down inside nobody wants a hard-boiled pig without a brain like you. I'm sorry for you, but I honestly dont want to know cause I met this spectacular girl who I really like and your comments will not stop us from being happy.". Reggie gets up and leaves as everybody laughs and claps at us. There's silence again. Everybody is looking at us.

Cheryl: Thank you... You didn't have to...

  I hug her tight and when I let go we get frozen looking at each other's lips. My hand on her arms. Her hands on my hips.