3. "Just call me the girl of your dreams"

Bathroom, Toni's POV

  I enter the bathroom and I saw Cheryl screaming to the mirror "What's wrong with you?" with tears almost forming in her eyes. When she see's me she gives a little jump and she stares at me saying no word. I get closer.

Me: Hey are you okay?

Cheryl: I never been better.

Me: Cheryl, seriously... I know you hate me and all, but I'm worried. And your friends are also worried. Kevin and Veronica.

Cheryl: They are to busy to be worried. And why do you even care?

Me: Well, if you tried to get to know me instead of judging my serpent exterior you would find out that I actually care about you. Believe me or not. Why did you leave like that?

Cheryl: Honestly? Because of you.

Me: What have I done? I'm sorry I wont sit next to you again...

Cheryl: That's not it. Its just. I feel so weak when I'm close to you.

Me: Weak?

Cheryl: I dont know you but still when i'm with you I feel like I cant be the bitch I normally am. Like I cant hide , I feel exposed.

Me: I didn't know you felt that way... I'm sorry.

Cheryl: Its not really your fault.

Me: Do you want to tell me why you were almost crying and screaming at the mirror when I got here?

Cheryl: I wasn't crying and I was just thinking out loud.

  I could notice the pain in her look and I knew she wasn't okay. I put my hand on her arm.

Me: I cant ask you to talk to me. You dont know me and I wouldn't trust myself either, but I care for you and I can see in your eyes that you are in pain, and I can see in your wrists the marks that she left.

  Cheryl is now full of tears. We both look at her wrists full of cuts and marks and as I touch her wrist she quickly pulls her sleeve down. She looked so broken in that moment.

Me: I'm sorry I didn't meant to be so direct. I just would like you to see me in a different way. Because I dont know you that much but I can notice you are a sensational person. And if you need to talk, cry, or just someone to be there, you can call me anytime.

Cheryl: I see more in you that your serpent jacket.

  I smiled.

Me: I understand that you need to be alone so I'm gonna leave you, but really, when you are ready please come talk to me.

Cheryl: I will. Hey what's your name again?

  I was already leaving when she asked, and i had completely forgotten that she didn't even know my name. I stop and I look at her "Just call me the girl of your dreams" I say as I bite my lip and wink at her. I look one more time before I leave the bathroom, she looked shocked but she was smiling. I felt good for 2 seconds until I realized what I had just said. God I wasn't doing a good job hiding my atraction! It felt like when I was with her I couldn't control myself.

Cheryl's POV

  "Just call me the girl of your dreams" she said looking at me with a flirty look, as she was biting her lip and winking at me. Did she really just said that? I was trying to act cool but I was so happy inside and I didn't understand why. I think I heard someone calling her Toni but until I was sure, she would be the girl of my dreams. For the first time in years my smile wasn't fake and I felt good. That girl seemed to care about me, but maybe It was just my desperate need for love who was talking.