Narcissists and Slugs

The next morning Edelweiss and the rest of Hogwarts listened to Molly yell at Ron through her howler,
"RONALD WEASLEY! How dare you steal that car? I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's facing an inquiry at work, and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line, we'll bring you straight home!" Edelweiss chuckled. It was only natural that Molly would be furious, her youngest son was getting into trouble, and she already had the twins to deal with.

She winced as she entered Gilderoy's class, which was covered in pictures of himself.
    "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award... but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!" He introduced himself and Edelweiss turned around as if to walk back out. Penelope Clearwater, a friend of Edelweiss, dragged her back to a seat,
    "No way are you escaping this. You are the one who decided to join a class two year above yours so deal with it like the rest of us." The curly haired girl whispered to the younger girl while Gilderoy went on and on about his achievements. The entire class suffered as he passed out a quiz about himself. Needless to say none of the children were pleased, Ravenclaw or the singular Slytherin.

The disaster on the Quidditch field horrified Edelweiss. Not only did Draco insult Fred and George, two people she cared about very much, but he also used the slur mudblood. A slur she'd made sure to teach him he must never say despite his father's excessive use of it. Unfortunately when Ron hexed himself to cough up slugs, she had no choice but to step in and keep Marcus Flint in check.
    "Captain, I've been teaching Draco so perhaps it is unnecessary to practice now," She whispered the second part to him, "Especially when Draco has insulted Granger so publicly. I will speak to Professor Snape about it and he will sort it out but Professor McGonagal will not let this slide." Marcus looked at her carefully, he wasn't the brightest but he understood what she was saying. If they kept this up someone would report it to a teacher and what Draco said would be known, causing an issue with the rest of the school and it's staff.
    "Well, I suppose we could go, I wouldn't want one of you to hex yourselves again and blame it on us." He said with a sneer as they made their way off the pitch.