Trains and Travels

Later on she learned that exams were cancelled due to all of the chaos. The whole school celebrated when the petrified students were released, Edelweiss was very quickly found and embraced by Penelope who had been told by none other than the Weasley twins what she done to stop the attacks. The end of term banquet was a sight, especially when Edelweiss found a small note underneath her goblet saying, 'Dobby got the job!' She had explained to Draco what happened with Dobby and he wasn't too happy until she reminded him how badly his father treated the elf. He had agreed resignedly that it was best for the elf to work at Hogwarts.

Hagrid made his dramatic entrance and when he mentioned the confused owl, Edelweiss winced knowing it was the poor owl that the twins had tested out their confusion concoction on last year. The poor thing hadn't been the same since. Afterwards Edelweiss shifted into her fox form and visited Aragog.

"I've brought news, Harry killed the creature in the castle and brought Hagrid home." She told the giant spider, who seemed a little confused.

"Why did you come back to tell me that?" He asked and she smiled,

"Because I thought you should know Hagrid will probably come visit you soon he just got back." The Acromantula shuddered and Edelweiss was confused for a moment until she realized he was laughing.

"You came into the nest to tell me that? A little human put itself in such danger to deliver an unnecessary message? That was told to be by my family an hour ago." She winced and blushed slightly.

"Right I forgot, well then I'll just be going, good hunting, Aragog." She said shifting and running back towards the castle.

"Good Hunting little Animagus." Edelweiss returned to the castle in time to pack her things to return home.

Climbing aboard the train she was immediately whisked away by Fred and George who wanted all of the details, which she gave willingly.

"Oi, we're going to Egypt this summer to visit Bill, want to come along?" George asked after getting elbowed repeatedly by his brother.

"Bill's studying curses in the pyramids right? Sounds entertaining. I'm in, if your mum's okay with it." Edelweiss replied flipping through the Daily Prophet.

"She'll be fine she loves you Weiss, can't say no to a thing that comes out of your mouth. She'll probably marry you into the family so Ginny won't be her only daughter." Fred joked, making Edelweiss sigh.

"He's right you know? We're always happy to have an extra pranking buddy. Plus you always bring your fun little potions kit for cooking up all sorts of concoctions." George said, ruffling her hair. She glared at him for a moment before fixing her hair.

"I'll ask my uncle, he'll probably be fine with it, but he'll insist I practice non-verbal spells during the trip. He wants to make sure I'm ready for my O.W.Ls." She said, sighing again. Fred looked at her in amazement,

"Are you mad? That's N.E.W.T level stuff that he's got you practicing, not O.W.Ls." Edelweiss gave the redhead a deadpan look.

"Oh wow, I had no idea." Fred rolled his eyes at her sarcastic tone.

"Well practicing or not you are coming with us." George said as both twins draped their arms over her shoulders. As they were unloading their trunks from the train with Harry, Ron, and Ginny, the youngest Weasley explained that she saw Percy and Penelope making out in an empty classroom at school. The twins snickered at the fact while Edelweiss simply nodded in acceptance, already knowing about the relationship. Molly and Aurthur collected them from the platform and Harry headed off with the Dursleys, this time planning to stay in contact with the red headed family over the summer.