Next Book

Hello to anyone who bothers to read this,

I'm sorry those last few updates came out late, I've had a bit of difficult deciding the direction I want the story to go and I've been trying to sort out my thoughts about it. I have every intention of finishing this, so I do hope that you'll stick around till the end.

There's a lot of things that I would like an outsider's perspective on about how the rest of the story will proceed. If you happen to be reading this I'd love to hear your perspective on the next few ideas, I'll be sure to explain my reason why I'm struggling with them too, so that you can see my perspective. 

First, for book 3 due to the nature of my character Edelweiss, and her relationships with both Harry and Draco, I've been unsure about how I want their (Draco and Harry) interactions to be. Since Edelweiss views them both as little brother that she needs to look out for, I've struggled with the pair. Should I make them compete for her attention (once Harry learns of Edelweiss's relation to him), or should they (eventually, but before they did in the original) learn to put their differences aside and get along? If your request is for me to make this a DracoxHarry story, while I've considered it, I'm not sure it will fit into my story line, which was my reason for considering the brotherly relationship instead. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this idea. 

Second, I'm all over the place with what Edelweiss should consider her career path. There are so many wizarding careers I love and I can barely decide what direction I want to put her in. This is something that won't happen for a while, but I'd like to have a general idea of a career path for the upcoming books. Potioneer, Healer, Alchemist, Magizoologist? If you have ideas I'd love to hear them. 

The third thing, I'm sure will probably disappoint some of you, is the issue of Harry and Ginny's relationship. Again this is simply for the future but I would like to have a general idea and hear other perspectives. In both the books and movies I had a hard time seeing the moments where Harry and Ginny bonded, not to say that they didn't, but for me it seemed like Ginny was more in love with the idea of Harry, rather than Harry himself. This is something that I've been very conflicted about, mainly because I know that there are a lot of valid reasons that their relationship did work. I'd really appreciate some new perspectives on this matter in particular. 

I think those cover the main difficulties I've been having so I'll end this note here. 

To those of you who managed to get through my probably incoherent rambling, thank you so much for reading this far. I'm not the most experienced at this, but I hope that you can at least enjoy the story I'm trying to share. 

Thank you all again, I doubt I can say it enough. Also please do stay safe in this pandemic.

                                                                                                                                              -Moonwolf13118

May 27th 2020

Hello again, if you are reading this,

I've recently, in an attempt to get through my writer's block, read some other Harry Potter fanfics, of varying topics, and seen a few different perspectives. A few of the fanfics I read featured a dark Harry and/or a good Voldemort. Having seen the actions of Dumbledore from those perspectives I've had an even more difficult time writing the next section of the story. Now I'm not at all implying that I will not finish this series to the end, because one way or another I will finish, but I've been thinking of adjusting the direction I want the story to go. I'm not entirely sure how long it will take me to adjust my direction, but I don't want to half-ass the next section so it will take time. I wanted to update you all on my thought process (I have a bad habit of explaining my reasoning behind every little detail) and to let you know that I have not disappeared of the face of the Earth. If you did read this, thank you for putting up with my unstable self of a writer. 

Some of the stories I read and particularly enjoyed were,

Turning Tables- by rosequeen14 

Junior Inquisitor- by named_Noah

Embracing Evil- on Wattpad by Karma435- Originally from fanfiction.net by Jessiikaa15