f o u r

grayson's pov :

my eyes flutter open and i groan at the bright light shining through the windows of the guest room. i shuffle and move my body towards ethan's side seeing him fast asleep. i chuckle at the position he's sleeping in and sit up, hearing the ruckus of perla yelling at people from downstairs.

sitting up, i rub my eyes with my right hand and reach over for my water bottle on the desk next to the bed. my eyebrows furrow and my eyes pop open realizing i can't feel the cold metal of my water bottle.

i groan in irritation realizing i have to go downstairs, meaning perla is probably going to yell at me for no reason. i shove my face into my hands but get up and stretch my arms.

"wack."

i turn around chuckling a bit to seeing ethan smiling at me weakly, hitting my back to catch my attention. his head falls back onto his pillow and he runs his hands through his messy brunette hair.

"you good bro?"

"just tired." he responds with a hoarse tone

i nod in response and head towards our door.

"where you going?" he asks, putting all of his weight onto his elbows that were placed next to his hips

"i need water."

"perla's gonna-"

"ya, ya i know. yell at me. did her yelling wake you up too?" i chuckle

he nods and shoves his face back into his pillow, groaning in irritation from how tired he is. i shake my head and wave him off, shutting our door.

"oh c'mon pal!"

my feet stop in their place and my eyes widen in shock.

"convince her somehow!" perla yells

i look over the metal railing of the stairs to see perla pacing back and forth between the living room and the kitchen, her right hand massaging her temples.

something pal says makes her chuckle maliciously and sarcastically and she starts screaming even louder.

"hand the phone over to bri! now!" she shouts

before anything can escalate even further, i run downstairs and perla's head pops up, hearing the tapping of my bare feet running down the stairs.

she runs away from me, knowing i was going to try to snatch the phone away from her. i shake my head and smirk to myself, pulling up the sleeves of my shirt.

"what are you doing?" she whispers, her eyebrows furrowed and staring at my rolled up sleeves

"getting ready to tackle you."

she rolls her eyes and grabs a pillow off the couch, throwing it directly at my face. my jaw drops and i cross my bulky arms across my chest.

"k bye guys. someone is being annoying, i gotta go."

she throws her phone on the couch and crosses her arms across her chest, quirking her eyebrows at me.

"now what?" she pouts sarcastically

i chuckle to myself and walk over to her, slapping her forehead and she laughs, grabbing onto my forearm and guiding us into the kitchen.

"i missed you guys a lot, you know?"

she let's go of my arm and jumps onto the kitchen counter, biting into a banana.

"we stopped talking after..."

she looks around the living room cautiously and tucks a piece of her fallen hair behind her ear.

"he's upstairs. don't worry." i smirk to myself, staring down at the two mugs filled with coffee

i hand a mug to perla and she quirks her eyebrows, raising her index finger at me.

"it's a black coffee with three sugars. shut up and drink it."

she smiles and nods, grabbing the mug from my hand.

"you have a sharp memory gray." she chuckles

"i'm a smart man. what can i say?" i brag

she cringes at my choice of words and i chuckle seeing her reaction.

"we haven't talked since... ethan and nova. nova told me about her moving the week before she told ethan."

"she didn't even tell me. ethan had to." i murmur sadly

"she didn't tell you because it would've hurt her even more. she told me."

i set my mug onto the counter and quickly turn, focusing all my attention on perla.

"she told you?" i ask

"she said that she was going to tell you before but she never got the chance to because you were so busy with college applications. then, she told me she was going to tell ethan in the morning before she left and if she stayed to say goodbye to you too, it would've hurt her even more."

i stay silent and grab my mug, sipping my coffee.

"gray. she couldn't stay. she was heartbroken. especially after ethan-"

i quickly clear my throat, seeing ethan running down the stairs. a genuine and huge grin plastered across his face.

perla snickers to herself and chugs her coffee away while ethan runs over to us.

"hey guys." he smiles

"made you coffee." i smile, pointing over to the mug placed behind him

he turns around and nods, grabbing his mug and jumping onto the other side of the kitchen counter.

"what were you guys talking about?" he asks, talking a sip of his coffee

"just... wedding plans." perla smiles