t w e n t y - t w o

song: my jinji by sunset rollercoaster

third person's pov :

nova's eyes widen as she scans the scenery of the church and her small smile quickly widens as she sees many old classmates of her's from elementary and middle school.

"isn't it weird how hayes made me his best man at the last minute?" ethan asks through gritted teeth, flashing a smile to all of perla's family members

"his best man flaked last minute and you were the closest guy he's bonded with ever since he got here." nova whispers, waving shyly to her old friend

"that's why we're walking together. i'm best man and you're the maid of honor." ethan teases, chuckling a bit and finally letting go of nova's embrace, letting her walk over to where perla was going to stand

ethan gives her a small wink and nova chuckles, staring down at her flats she chose over her high heels.

when perla advised her to wear high heels she immediately refused and yelled, "i'll fall on my ass! you want me to fall on my ass while you're getting married perla?"

she chuckles thinking back to that moment that was only a day ago.

and now her best friend was getting married.

"crazy how time flies by so quickly." she thinks to herself

as she was daydreaming, all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen took their places front and center and even the flower girl passed by.

before nova knew it, the church doors opened up once again in a loud thud and her breath gets caught in her throat as she sees her best friend walking down the aisle with her dad.

salty tears are flooding down nova's cheeks and ethan and grayson lean forward, seeing a small glimpse and they chuckle softly at nova's actions.

they might be laughing at nova but their lying to themselves if they don't admit that their crying too.

nova quickly sniffles up her tears and ethan and grayson watch perla with a pout, watching as her dad let's her go with a small kiss on her soft cheek.

"take care of her." perla's dad orders to hayes

hayes immediately nods his head and the church is erupted with small chuckles.

hayes offers his hand to help perla up the stairs and she gladly takes his warm hand, walking up the stairs and they still hold hands, looking into each other's eyes with nothing but pure love and admiration.

time passes by and nova, ethan, and grayson keep their stares on the two love birds.

they finally say their vows and say the two magical words "i do."

everyone raises from their seat as hayes and perla share a passionate kiss and nova, grayson, and ethan can't stop clapping and crying.

as hayes and perla pull away, they stare at their three friends and share a laugh, pointing at their faces that are stained with tears.

"you ok?" perla teases

nova shakes her head and engulfs the two in a huge hug, feeling other bodies pressed up onto her later and she smiles knowing it's ethan and grayson.

"congratulations." grayson murmurs into ethan's shoulder, still squished into the hug

"thank you, but can you please let go? i genuinely can't breath." hayes asks

they all finally let go of each other's embraces and stand in a huge circle, smiling at each other.

perla smirks at her three best friends and nova's nose scrunches up in discomfort, knowing she's thinking of something risky.

"what is it perla?" ethan asks, chuckling a bit

"so who's getting married next?" perla asks, playing with the ring set on her hand

"and this is when i run into the other room." grayson says, skipping off the steps and running out of the room