s i x t e e n

nova's pov :

"so who's you're new boy toy?" nancy giggles, nudging her best friend with her elbow

"oh. you little fucker-"

i grab perla's arm gently and she scoffs, pointing at her cousin and her best friend. i shake my head to stop and she obliges, sitting down and stuffing her face with a plate full of donuts that were sitting next to pal.

"you're lucky auntie macy made me convince u to stay nancy. or else, your ass would be-"

"perla!" i scold

she huffs and swings at her cup filled with water and gives a glare to nancy, still chugging down her iced cold water.

"he's not a boy toy nancy. i actually... love him. his name is tyler." i smile

"aw. you finally don't love ethan, huh?" she teases

her words sting me and i clear my throat, smiling sadly and feeling my eyes swell up with salty tears.

bri chuckles coldly and picks at her matte green acrylic nails, grabbing everyone's attention.

"say one more word nancy and i'll tell macy the shit you've been saying. you wouldn't want that now, would you?" she smirks

nancy gives bri a small death glare but quickly smiles fakely, shaking her head quickly. bri smirks and nods at her, looking back down at her nails.

"so so happy you're not going to the club with us." pal chuckles

nancy scoffs and grabs her best friend's hand, skipping out of perla's room.

perla rolls her eyes and flips her off as nancy runs back around to grab something.

"i'm going to ethan." she smirks

perla's eyes widen and she springs up, running out of the door to chase nancy.

"i hate that girl so much." pal hisses

i nod and stare up at the fan on the ceiling.

"heard you talked to ethan. did you guys catch up?" bri asks

i chuckle softly and drop my head down to pick at the fabric of my pants and shake my head.

"no. he just asked me if tyler and i were together."

pal nods and takes a deep breath, falling back onto perla's bed.

"wonder what they're doing for the bachelor party." bri comments

i nod my head, also becoming curious but my thoughts get interrupted once perla busts into the room with heavy breaths.

"how am i related to that thing?" she whines

i chuckle softly and bri and pal also laugh, waving for her to come sit.

"i stopped her from going to ethan though. never ever! am i letting that... that! thing! get close to him!"

i smile and laugh again, my eyes trailing somewhere else and landing on my dress set out on the iron table.

"we should be getting ready. i mean, it's just us four. we can go anytime." pal comments

bri shushes her immediately once she sees my eyebrows furrow in confusion and pal covers her hand with her mouth.

"shit!" she whispers

"you guys told me other girls are going. why is it just us?" i ask

perla purses her lips and leans all her weight on her arm, shrugging slightly.

"it was late notice. everyone was busy."

i nod, still not believing her but i don't ask questions.