f o u r t e e n

song : cherry by harry styles

nova's pov :

"wake up! wake up! today's the bachelorette party!"

i groan in frustration and dig my head into my soft pillow, sighing in comfort.

"why did you move it to today?" i ask, my voice mumbled by the pillow

"cause your ass was tired."

my head shoots up and my eyebrows furrow.

"me? i was tired? really perla?" i tease, tilting my head slightly

she grabs tyler's pillow and slams it onto my face, running out my room and chuckling loudly.

i smile watching her run away and groan in irritation, sliding out of bed. my feet hit the cold wood of the ground and i hiss at the feeling, quickly pulling my slippers on.

two arms wrap around my waist and i feel a warm kiss on my neck.

"morning babe."

i nod, not having the energy to say it back and i hear tyler's deep laugh filling up my ears. i smile once i hear his contagious laugh and he spins me around, setting his hands on my hips.

his eyes trail around every inch of my face and i consciously touch my face frantically, scared that something was on my face. he chuckles, seeing my sudden panic and he tugs my hands off, kissing my cheek lightly and walking away.

"why were you staring?" i ask

he places his hand on the door of our bedroom and shakes his head slightly, his head dropping down to look down at the ground.

"you just look cute in the morning."

a blush forms onto my face as i watch him him walk out and i run into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and taking a shower.

third person's pov :

ethan clears his throat nervously, watching as nova makes her way down the stairs of perla's house. she rubs a towel against her wet hair, trying to get as much water out as she could.

grayson chuckles hearing bri's little joke and turns his head to look over at his brother. he smirks seeing him staring at his best friend and he snaps his finger, bringing ethan out of his gaze.

ethan's jaw drops slightly and he chuckles anxiously, rubbing the back of his neck. grayson shakes his head and smirks, pointing at nova who stands at the couch in front of the group of friends.

perla pats an open spot next to her and scoots over, making enough room for nova to sit down.

nova sits down and bites her bottom lip, her eyes trailing around the familiar faces. her head drops and she stares down at her fingers, playing with the bracelet sitting on her wrist.

ethan smiles and blushes lightly, glad that yesterday wasn't just a dream and that she really did keep his matching bracelet and bangle.

tyler grabs a mug filled with coffee off the kitchen counter and trudges over to the group of friends, sitting down next to ethan.

ethan gives him a smile but in the back of his mind he wanted to punch the hell out of tyler.

tyler hands over the mug to nova and she smiles lightly, pushing her wet hair out of her face. ethan watches her in awe as she grabs the mug from tyler's hands and takes light sips out of the mug.

"thank you bubba." she smiles

ethan's heart aches and his jaw slightly drops hearing his old nickname. he clears his throat, snuggling in closer to grayson and grayson's eyebrows furrow, confused of ethan's weird actions.

that nickname wasn't repeated but it was rare and only meant for him. not tyler.