f i f t e e n

third person's pov :

nova's eyes trail around perla's living room, chuckling a bit at the ruckus that was going on around her.

"could you hold this novs?"

her cheeks blush a deep, dark red once she hears her familiar nickname and nods at the broad figure in front of her.

grayson smiles as a thank you and runs after his twin, trying to grab the heavy beers that were about to fall from his hands.

she smiles lightly and puts her mug down, smiling at her boyfriend who urges her to come his way. she obliges and gets up, tyler handing her a check list.

"perla told me to give this to you."

she nods and skips away, walking over to the bride. her eyes widen as she sees perla scurrying around the house, tugging at the roots of her hair.

perla smiles quickly once she sees nova and runs over to her, her eyes falling on the note in nova's hands.

"i need you to get that stuff... for the bachelorette party."

nova nods, understanding and smiles, grabbing her keys and making her way out the front door.

nova's pov :

"you didn't even bother visiting us!"

mom engulfs me in a hug and dad watches us from afar, laughing and taking bites from his cereal.

"i was going to surprise you. perla invited you to the wedding." i chuckle, pulling back from our embrace

mom punches my shoulder slightly and i laugh, walking past her and running up to my room.

taking a deep breath, my hand meets the cold door knob of my room and i slowly open the creaky door, sighing in relief as a i get a glimpse of my bed.

nothing changed.

i walk over to the corner of my room that was specifically only mine and ethan's corner.

a place of memories he wanted to reserve.

nova's pov (flashback) :

"ethan, i cannot just keep that place for you. what about grayson or per-"

"no! that's my corner." he pouts, crossing his arms across his chest

"why do you want that place just for you?" i chuckle

"because. i'm your best friend. i get those rights." he argues

i playfully roll my eyes and nod to his demand, receiving yells of victory and a sweet kiss on the cheek.

nova's pov (present) :

a tear falls onto my cheek as i grab onto a picture and i chuckle lightly at the goofy picture.

one of ethan's hands are wrapped tightly around my waist and his other hand is flipping off the camera. his soft lips are placed on my right cheek and i'm giving the camera a thumbs up and a genuine smile.

not realizing, fast tears are falling down my cheeks and i quickly put the picture down, stepping back from the corner.

taking a deep breath, i shake my head and run out my room, shutting the door behind me.

i groan in irritation as a big whiff of flour fills up my face, blocking my view. i blow the flour away and i rub my eyes, trying to make it better but it ends up burning, making me jump up and down.

"ow, ow!" i yell

i hear soft chuckles from the corner of the kitchen making me whip my head around, facing ethan.

"haven't spoken to me since you came, hm?" he teases

so he doesn't remember that night.

"and you didn't either." i fight back, rolling out the pizza dough

"if you needed help you should've just asked n."

he grabs the roller from me and stands next to me, making eye contact and indicating to look down at his movements.

"you've always sucked at baking." he laughs

"hey! that's a lie. i made cookies with lisa all the time." i pout

he shakes his head and hands me the roller again, jumping up on the kitchen counter and watching as i bake.

"so, he's back."

"who?"

"basic name. who else?" he snickers

i roll my eyes and laugh a bit, nodding my head.

"yes, tyler."

"so, you finally have a boyfriend."

"... i guess so." i smile sadly