t w o

nova's pov :

"i have to go inside, c'mon!" i chuckle

he groans in annoyance and stays in his position, holding onto my wrist gently. he peppers soft kisses on my hand and places it on his face, cuddling my hand up to his warm cheeks.

"tye. c'mon bub. i gotta go." i laugh

i try tugging my hand away from his embrace but he quickly snatches my hand back, cradling it even tighter.

i slump into my seat and sigh in annoyance, knowing i'm going to be late for work.

i feel him let go of my hand after my sigh and i look up to see him looking up at me with a warm smile.

"sorry. i just haven't been able to hang out with you since school and everything." he rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment

i curl my bottom lip and nod, understanding his statement.

"i'm sorry tye. we can hang out after work, ok? i have a free day tomorrow so we can stay up." i smile

he nods and places his hand on my jaw, leaning in and pecking me on my lips. the taste of mint from his lips linger on mine and i smile from the feeling.

"bye babe! make me and your family proud!" he yells as i get out the car

i chuckle and wave him off, seeing his car drive out the parking out. i turn around and sigh at the familiar view in front of me; tired of the same old routine but still smile weakly.

"hey nova!"

i turn around seeing bri running towards me and pal rolls down her window seeing me in her view.

"nova! did you fu-"

"shut up pal! go back home!" i yell

she chuckles and puts her hands up in defeat, rolling her window back up. she waves both bri and i off and drives out the parking out.

"hey bri." i smile

"you didn't come to the apartment yesterday." bri smirks

"i was studying for too long so tyler said i could sleepover. don't assume that anything else happened." i threaten

her eyebrows raise, surprised by my sudden change of mood and i chuckle at her reaction.

"perla left a voicemail."

i choke on my own spit and hold onto my throat, clearing my throat.

"p-perla? as in perla, perla? my best friend, perla?" i whisper

"i thought e was your best-"

i let out a deep sigh and start walking fast, leaving bri behind me.

"wait nova! wait!"

i stop walking and cross my arms across my chest, waiting for her to catch up in the cold wind.

"i didn't know that was a sensitive topic." she whispers

i give her a small smile and nod my head.

"i'm just sensitive. sorry." i smile weakly

"don't be sorry. i understand how it's a sensitive topic. i won't say his name. pinky promise."

she holds her pinky out, expecting me to intertwine mine with her's. i look back and forth between her slight smirk and her pinky and give in, intertwining my pinky with her's.

she smiles in victory and wraps her arm around mine, making us walk faster towards the hospital.

"just a five hour shift then sleep, here i come." she sighs

i laugh and nod, agreeing with her and rest my head on her shoulder.

"nova i'm gonna rip that book to shreds if you don't communicate with us. at least, talk! that's all i ask!" pal whines

my eyebrows furrow in confusion and i spin around in my chair, chuckling a bit.

"pal! i'm just studying! calm down!" i chuckle

"but, you always study!" she pouts

"ok, ok. i'll take a break. what do you wanna do?" i ask, setting my books down

"watch perla's video." she smirks

my eyebrows furrow again in confusion and i watch her grab her laptop, pulling up a video.

"who the hell is in the thumbnail with her?" bri asks

"... a guy." pal says

we all look at each other in confusion but shrug our shoulders, starting the video.

all of us sit there in silence, not knowing what to say. i hear bri shuffling her legs in the blankets of pal's bed, trying to find a comfortable position to stay in. pal looks over at her, annoyed and bri glares at her, mouthing a 'what?'

i sigh deeply and they all stare at me, raising their eyebrows.

"so am i speaking first?" i chuckle

they stay quiet and stare at me with patient eyes. i nod and get off pal's bed, heading back to my chair with my books.

"so... are you going?" bri asks

seconds of silence pass by and i play with my pen, deciding wether or not to go.

"i guess... time will tell."