t w e n t y - o n e

third person's pov :

"how you doing e?" nova chuckles

ethan's eyes stay down at his glossy, black dress shoes and he nods quickly to nova's question.

nova's eyebrows furrow in confusion and worry and she sets her hand on ethan's shoulder, trying to get a reaction out of ethan.

"you're not ok, what's up?" she asks gently

ethan doesn't dare to look into nova's eyes. he was scared to walk down the aisle with her. he's already so deeply in love he doesn't want to make nova suspect anything.

especially when she's in a relationship.

grayson quickly taps ethan's shoulder and his eyes stare into ethan's as ethan turns around. he kicks ethan's leg lightly to make him look up.

"you ok?" grayson whispers

ethan shrugs and he takes a deep breath, looking back at nova who's eyes were filled with worry.

ethan lightly bumps shoulders with nova and she lightly laughs, pushing ethan's arm playfully.

"god damn it, you scared me e. i thought you were upset about something." nova chuckles

ethan nervously laughs and he shakes his head lightly, smiling warmly as he hear's nova's laugh fill up his ears.

"where's tyler?" ethan suddenly asks

"o-oh uhm... he's over there." nova points over to a random chair that was surrounded by a bunch of others

tyler's eyes land on nova and he grins immediately, sending her a quick wave and a thumbs up.

nova chuckles and she blushes, looking down at her beige dress while playing the fabric nervously. ethan's jaw clenches as he stares at how nova blushes at tyler's small action but he quickly pushes down his feelings and stares at the huge wooden door that separates the main room and the groomsmen and bridesmaids.

ethan watches as all the groomsmen and bridesmaid's hold hands and ethan's eyes widen, realizing what he had to do.

"n..."

nova smiles and looks up from her dress, staring at ethan and putting all her attention on him.

he nods over to the other couples and nova nervously smiles and brings out her hand slowly, waiting for ethan to put his hand in her's.

he stares down at her hand and she smiles gently, reaching up to finally unite their hands.

they both look at each other and break out into fits of laughter, blushing nervously.

nova's heart races as she feels ethan's thumb rubbing the back of her hand and she sighs in comfort, setting her head on his shoulder.

"i've missed you, you know." she states

ethan laughs gently, making nova smile also and he looks down at her, tucking a piece of her fallen hair back behind her ear.

"i texted you, you know. but, i guess the kiss scared you away."

nova's eyes widen in shock but before she can say a word, the dark brown wooden doors of the church open up.

~ filler