t w e n t y - s i x

nova's pov :

"please, please stay for a bit longer! i'm missing my honeymoon just for you."

"hey! you're not 'missing' it. you're just simply putting it off for later." i murmur

"ya, ya. whatever you wanna call it. plus, i'm sure you don't wanna leave ethan." perla comments, wiggling her eyebrows teasingly as she helps lisa carry something over to the kitchen counter

"what is that supposed to mean?" i ask, putting a dish away to dry

"you know what that means nova." lisa comments

perla snickers and i punch her shoulder gently, narrowing my eyebrows.

"he's gonna leave soon anyway." lisa says

perla's eyes widen and she quickly puts her finger to her lips and my eyebrows furrow in confusion as i watch her suspiciously.

"what do you mean?" i chuckle nervously

"he hasn't told you? he's probably waiting for the right time." lisa says

"ok, this isn't fair. you guys can't just leave me like that-"

"i'm hungry ma!"

footsteps are heard behind me and i look back down at the dishes in my hands, making myself look busy.

"you have to be more patient ethan."

"can i steal my best friend at least then?" he asks, pointing at me

"fine. but don't complain again, you hear me?"

"i won't, i won't. c'mon willows." he offers his hand for me to grab but i freeze in my position

ethan laughs and takes my hand anyway, making goosebumps pop up on my skin and i shudder but plaster a smile onto my face quickly as he turns around to look at me.

"you got her!" grayson yells, throwing his arms up into the air

his eyes trail down to our intertwined hands and he locks eye contact with me and smirks, crossing his arms across his chest.

i pull away from ethan's hand, itching the back of my neck to make it look like i didn't pull away on purpose.

he smiles at me confusingly but leads me to the couch with us hand on the bottom of my back.

pal tosses me my phone as i sit down and she points at the bright screen.

"tyler's saying to call him. he said he's been calling you and you haven't been picking up." she smiles, nodding her head towards my phone again

third person's pov :

ethan's wide smile quickly disappears as he hears pal and grayson notices, wrapping an arm around his shoulders to comfort him in anyway.

"i'll be right back." nova smiles directly at ethan, quickly running up the flight of stairs

she runs into ethan's room and shuts the door, quickly pulling up tyler's contact and waits for his familiar voice.

"hello?"

"hey, tyler! sorry i never called you back. it's really busy here." nova laughs, playing with the fabric of her shirt nervously

"it's alright. how is catching up with ethan going?"

"fine, why?" she chuckles

"nothing. you guys just seem awfully close."

"he's my best friend. obviously we're close."

a long and tension filled silence goes by and nova plays nervously with the metal of her bracelet as she waits for tyler to speak up again.

"do you even love me, nova?"

nova opens her mouth to say something but she quickly shuts her mouth again and looks down at her lap shamefully.

"because, it seems like you're still in love with him."

"i'm not, i just-"

"i don't want you to lie nova. be honest with me. do you still have feelings for him, or not?"

nova takes a deep breath and looks up again, her eyes immediately going to the framed picture of her and ethan on the greece trip.

her lips curl into a smile and she looks down again, sighing deeply.

"yes."

a sigh is heard across the phone and nova can just imagine the look on tyler's face, making her heart drop.

"tyler. i'm really sorry, i just-"

"no it's fine. i just want you to be happy. plus, ethan's a really nice guy so it's fine."

nova chuckles gently at his poor joke but a small tear drops onto her cheek as she sniffles up the rest of her tears.

"what... what do i do now?"

"you tell him before it's too late."