Chapter One

"Ninetales use flamethrower!" Y/n called out.
"Charizard counter with ancient power!" Leon ordered.

Flamethrower was quicker to hit but Charizard still used ancient power. Ninetales stood strong but barely up whilst Charizard fainted. The dynamax that was slightly around; faded off of both Pokémon. Ninetales cried out happily at the win.

"Charizard has fainted. Rising challenger y/n has beat the unbeatable champion Leon!" The announcer exclaimed.

Y/n thanked her partner before walking over to Leon with Ninetales.

"Thank you Charizard," Leon spoke as he returned his partner.
"Great battle Leon. I definitely learned a lot from it," y/n smiled.
"As did I. Thank you for having this intense battle. You and Ninetales have came really far," Leon replied as he added, "I was right to endorse you in the challenge."
"I can thank you for that," y/n laughed as she shook his hand.

Both of them walked off in the way they came. Ninetales stayed close to y/n. Her Ninetales was a shiny which matched her Lugia themed kimono outfit. She snuck out the stadium and to the nearest Pokémon centre to heal up her Pokémon. She knew the official celebration wouldn't start until tomorrow. When her Pokémon were returned to her healthily, she wondered out to get swarmed by reporters. Ninetales stayed close to y/n as they talked to each reporter until they left from receiving their answers.

"Let's head home. After all, Hop and Leon want to celebrate us winning with everyone at home," y/n told her partner.
"Nine!" Ninetales cried out in excitement.
"First lets get a picture with our team to post," y/n exclaimed with a smile.

They wandered until stopping at a lake.

"Come on out!" Y/n called.

Her team being Ninetales, a shiny Umbreon, Glaceon, Zacian, Lugia and Noivern. All of them gathered in front of the lake for y/n's rotom phone to take a picture. After it was done, she returned her team except Ninetales and wandered back home. She uploaded the photo to receive many likes already. Noticing the time, both y/n and Ninetales started to run back.

"We're going to be late!" Y/n chuckled nervously.
"Nine nine!" Ninetales agreed.

The two hurried before making it back to their hometown. As she sprinted, Ninetales noticed the gate door being open so as she jumped, her eyes glowed blue to lift y/n in the air and above the gate. Ninetales landed passed the gate before letting y/n down.

"Thanks Ninetales," she thanked her partner.
"Careful n/n," Hop laughed off.
"Sorry Hop. We were almost late," y/n chuckled.
"Nah mate. You made it on time. Leon is late. I may have to look for him. You know how he gets," Hop told her showing his worry.
"I've got it," y/n smiled.
"Thanks!" Hop exclaimed with a grin.

Y/n brought out a pokeball as Raihan came outside.

"Where are you going?" He questioned.
"Finding Leon. He's got lost again," y/n told him before adding, "Umbreon help me find Leon."

Umbreon appeared as his hoops glowed. He started to walk as y/n followed.

"Me and Hop will accompany you. A lady shouldn't be alone at night," Raihan stated with a charming smile.

Y/n didn't know why but her face heated up slightly. She smiled before letting them join her.

"Umbreon can you give us a bit more light?" Hop asked since he was struggling to see due to the tree shadows.
"Umbre!" Umbreon exclaimed before his hoops glowed more.

Ninetales walked in between Hop and y/n whilst Raihan walked by her. He was focused on his phone with a few selfies taken of him, y/n, Hop, Ninetales and Umbreon. Once they found Leon, he was in the wild area. Hop was talking nonstop about how he worried whilst Leon grinned sheepishly. Y/n smiled at this before getting an idea.

"Umbreon return," y/n spoke after she thanked him for his work.
"How are we meant to get back before everyone leaves?" Hop questioned as he suddenly worried about the others.
"Lugia can you give us a hand?" Y/n asked once she called her friend out.

Lugia nodded before lowering herself to the ground. When the legendary took to the skies, y/n fell slightly into Raihan as her muscles tensed before relaxing against him. Her actions were still unknown to her but to Raihan, he was slightly blushing at this. Lugia descended outside of Hop's home before the group walked in. Y/n thanked and returned Lugia before entering. The party began as they drunk and ate to celebrate. Leon and Raihan were chatting away with the other gym leaders but Raihan kept looking at y/n which didn't go unnoticed. The other gym leaders teased him as Leon encouraged him to go over to y/n.

"Y/n lets battle!" Hop exclaimed a bit tipsy.
"Okay," she chuckled also slightly tipsy.

Everyone went outside before Hop and y/n stood opposite to one another. Her eyes met Raihan's to which she winked at him. Ninetales looked at y/n slightly worried but was reassured when she saw y/n smiling.

"One on one battle," Hop called out to her.
"Ninetales lets go," y/n grinned.

Ninetales jumped onto the field.

"Nine!" She exclaimed.
"Cinderace!" Hop called out.

The fire type rabbit appeared. Before a move could be called out, Ninetales had made eye contact with y/n which sent a message. Ninetales leaped into the air before releasing flamethrower. The dirt kicked up from where the fire move collided with it. Cinderace took a lot of damage.

"Wouldn't expect anything less from my rival!" He exclaimed before yelling, "Double Kick!"

Cinderace raced towards Ninetales, only for Ninetales to disappear from sight. Hop and Cinderace were looking around for the fox Pokémon but were struggling. Y/n laughed when she saw Ninetales by Raihan.

"By Raihan! Get her!" Hop told his companion.
"Ninetales finish this with psychic," y/n spoke up.

Her eyes glowed a faint blue as Ninetales lifted Cinderace into the air. When Cinderace collided with the ground, he fainted. Y/n sighed before approaching as she brought out a revival herb. She helped Cinderace recover whilst Ninetales nuzzled Raihan's leg.

"Looks like you got a friend," Leon chuckled.

Y/n looked over to see what was happening before approaching with a shy smile.

"Sorry Raihan. Ninetales loves anything warm," y/n told him with a apologetic smile.
"It's alright," Raihan spoke before adding, "How about you make it up to me by having breakfast with me tomorrow?"
"I would love to," she smiled.

People started leaving and y/n's mother being one of them.

"See you tomorrow," y/n told him as she handed him her league card, "Ninetales lets go."

Y/n started to walk away with Ninetales who had all her tails swaying.

"Does my rival have a date?" Leon teased as he smirked.
"Seems like it," Raihan chuckled.

By the time y/n got home, her and Ninetales went to her room before crashing asleep on her bed.