Chapter Nine

Morning came by quickly. Y/n was awake first as she found herself in Raihan's hold. She smiled softly at him before giving him a kiss on his cheek. She stood up as Ninetales and Quilava got up too. She signalled for them to follow her as she let herself out. Whilst walking, y/n didn't lose the blush that formed from waking up to Raihan's hold.

"Let's quickly go through the challengers today," y/n told them.

Both fire types seemed excited to let loose a bit. It took a few hours before they arrived at Wyndon stadium. People had already gathered in the stands as y/n walked onto the field. She returned Ninetales and Quilava as she walked. Her eyes locking with the challenger. As she stopped, the announcer began explaining the rules. The battles she was about to do, was to let challengers test if they were ready for the gym challenge since they wanted her endorsement. The challenger then spoke her.

"I want you to use Lugia! I want to prove me and my partner are better!" The challenger stated as they sounded cocky.

Y/n raised a brow whilst Lugia sent pulses through her master ball. Y/n looked to the referee.

"I'll allow it this once?" He spoke unsure himself.

Lugia was reassuring y/n that it was fine for her to battle. Y/n smiled as she sensed familiar eyes on her.

"Alright then," y/n commented as she held Lugia's master ball.
"Corviknight show them we're the best and should have that endorsement," the boy yelled.

Corviknight too to the battlefield as it started to fly. Y/n smirked since they were entering hers and Lugia's domain. She kissed the top of the master ball before calling out the words everyone was waiting to hear.

"The tidal bell calls for your power," y/n spoke up.

Streams of water flying upwards with the wind causing it to start spiralling, let everyone know who was appearing. A dark blue silhouette swam up it before opening her wings to reveal Lugia. She released a roar of a sort. Corviknight seemed to shake at first with the boy before his cocky nature reappeared.

"BEGIN!" The referee exclaimed.

Before anyone could blink, Lugia had already struck with a powerful aeroblast. Y/n only smirked as she knew they didn't realise how close her and Lugia were. Both could read one another like an open book.

"How?!" The boy exclaimed as his Pokémon struggled to stand, "You didn't call anything out!"
"I think he can't continue Ref. If Lugia releases one more attack, it could be bad," y/n told the referee as concern laced her tone.
"I agree. Battle over. Winner is Champion y/n," he announced.

The boy returned Corviknight to only storm out. Y/n sighed before thanking Lugia as the legendary returned. The next challenger appeared which ended up being Victor. Y/n laughed slightly.

"What?! I forgot I don't have an endorsement since I left!" He stated embarrassed.
"You could of asked instead of this," y/n smiled before accepting his challenge.

The battle then started as it was still one on one.

"Umbreon lets go!" Y/n called as the dark type appeared in a battle stance.
"Sylveon lets show them!" Victor called as the fairy type appeared.

Both eevee evolutions watched one another with Umbreon sending a glare to the fairy type.

"Dazzling gleam!" Victor yelled.
"Dodge and use psychic!" Y/n ordered as her tone remained soft to Umbreon.

Sylveon tried getting Umbreon with the fairy type move but Umbreon dodged before using psychic. Victor and Sylveon were surprised when Umbreon used psychic on the pieces of rock that broke from dazzling gleam. The dark type sent the rocks flying at Sylveon before holding the fairy type in place with psychic. Y/n smiled innocently when she saw her brother's face.