Chapter Eight

The next morning came by quickly. Y/n was up early with Ninetales but hunting for a certain Pokémon. Quilava was out and helping too since they were gifting this particular Pokémon.

"I should really explore Johto more! It's impossible to find this Pokémon!" Y/n exclaimed slightly frustrated.
"Quil?" Quilava questioned.
"Nine nine," Ninetales replied as she nuzzled her hand.
"Dratini?" A Pokemon questioned.

Y/n and both fire types turned to face the dragon type. Excitement flashed in their eyes.

"There it is!" Y/n exclaimed laughing.

Dratini was even more confused whilst Ninetales pawed her face in embarrassment. Quilava pounced on the dragon type triumphantly.

"Easy now girl!" Y/n smiled before turning to the dragon type.

Dratini tried escaping but got free when Quilava moved at y/n's command.

"Sorry Dratini," y/n spoke softly.

Dratini looked wary to y/n as y/n approached.

"I was wondering if you would like to be part of a dragon type team? All of his Pokémon are loved dearly," y/n said as she sat by the dragon type.

Dratini became fascinated at the idea. Y/n saw and held out a luxury ball since she wanted the dragon type to feel comfortable. Dratini touched the ball before being caught in it.

"Let's head back! We're late already!" Y/n told her companions as she noticed the time.

Ninetales and Quilava ran beside her as y/n held Dratini's luxury ball close to her. Her excitement was taking over her as she ran faster. This also meant she wasn't paying attention to notice Hop in her way as she arrived at the beach.

"NINE!" Ninetales exclaimed as she used psychic to lift y/n over Hop.
"Thanks girl! Sorry Hop!" Y/n laughed as her feet touched the ground again.
"No worries mate. I was about to go looking for you," Hop laughed.

Y/n saw Raihan talking with Leon and Victor as her blush reappeared. Hop teased her but y/n brushed him off. She approached as her shy self started to surface.

"Raihan?" She started as her gaze downcasted.

Her blush was more obvious.

"Yea Sweetheart?" He replied.

Everyone was looking at her.

"Pass your hand," she told him with a small smile.

He did as she asked before feeling her place a round object in it. She removed her hand before backing away slightly.

"For you," she spoke as her gaze finally met his.
"Thank you," he muttered unsure of how to react.

He was shocked to see a luxury ball that obviously had a Pokémon inside, resting in his hand.

"Well let's head back," y/n told them as she redirected her attention.

Her hand rested over Lugia's master ball.

"It's time girl," y/n spoke even softer.

Lugia appeared with water and wind spiralling around her. She landed before letting them up. The flight back to the Galar region was based on small talk but Raihan stared at the luxury ball with curiosity. Ninetales and Quilava nudged y/n who still had a blush decorating her cheeks. She focused on where Lugia was flying. Her heart and mind were racing from her time with Raihan and her gift to him that she blocked out everything else.

"I hope he likes it," she thought.

Lugia cooed to her before descending after flying for ages. They were at Wedgehurst when they got off of Lugia.

"Thank you. Rest up," y/n smiled softly as Lugia returned.
"Me and Leon are gonna head home, mate. I'll see you tomorrow," Hop told her as Charizard led him and Leon away.

Victor left without saying anything whilst Raihan called out Dratini. Y/n saw his eyes light up in happiness as he admired the dragon type in front of him. She giggled as he snuggled the small Pokémon as it did the same.

"Glad you two get along," y/n commented before Ninetales and Quilava decided to join.

They tackled Raihan whilst y/n took a picture.

"That's for me," she grinned.
"Do send me it," Raihan chuckled, "Thanks again Sweetheart."
"Dra," Dratini exclaimed.
"You are both so cute!" Y/n blushed as she said it.
"Which reminds me," Raihan started, "You're staying with me."

Y/n raised a questioning brow.

"I told you I was going to keep you safe," he ruffled her hair as he walked passed and to the train station.
"I forgot," y/n laughed as she walked after him.

Ninetales and Quilava stayed close as Dratini rested on Ninetales back. When they got on the train to Hammerlocke, y/n sent Raihan the photo he wanted. Her thoughts raced to the kiss that they seemed to forget which only succeeded in making her flustered.

"Admiring me?" He teased.
"That you won't know," y/n poked her tongue out.

Fans of Raihan approached which took away his attention from y/n but she told him it was fine. Deep down it bothered her that his attention was elsewhere but she had no right to complain since she knew he loved his fans. As if sensing her distress, Lugia's sent soothing waves through to her. Y/n started to brush Ninetales fur as Quilava napped with the fire type. Y/n was listening in to the fans talking about how great Raihan battled and how cute Dratini was. They were even mentioning how he should be champion. Y/n rolled her eyes before nudging the fire types.

"I'll be getting drinks," was all y/n said.

Apart of her self conscious started to eat her alive as she walked with Ninetales and Quilava to the front of the train. There was a small bar where she ordered some drinks. As she waited, Ninetales was keeping watch as Quilava kept y/n company. There was a few passengers waiting there and some chatting. A few men tried whistling her over when she walked passed with the drinks. Ninetales and Quilava gave them warning glares as they walked with y/n. They got back to see the fans still there. Y/n sat opposite to Raihan as the fans were by him. He thanked her silently for the drink.

"Dra?" Dratini nuzzled her hand.
"I'm fine," y/n whispered as she petted the dragon type.

Quilava started to show the short tempered side of a fire type where she burnt the space in between Raihan and the fans. Y/n was shocked since this was the first time Quilava did something like this. Raihan was surprised but slightly relieved whilst the fans excused themselves to leave in a hurry. Quilava raised her head proudly as Ninetales snickered. Y/n saw they arrived at Hammerlocke so she got off the train with her Pokémon and Raihan with Dratini wrapped around his shoulders. He took her hand as he led her to his home. Y/n blushed bright red as she forgot about this detail. Ninetales and Quilava jumped onto a sofa to sleep as Dratini snuggled into Ninetales fur.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked with a toothy grin.
"Sure!" She smiled.

They settled on the other couch, snuggled in blankets. A random movie was selected which resulted in y/n; falling asleep on Raihan. She was snuggled into him with her head resting against his chest. He brought his arms around her to bring her closer. He smoothed her hair as he watched her sleep. He was flustered himself but smiled at how peaceful y/n was. He decided to join her and fall asleep. His face was buried against her neck as he held her tightly yet not too tight. Ninetales noticed this as she raised the blanket over Raihan and y/n more. The fire type was smiling as she dozed back off and to sleep.