Chapter Twenty Nine

Y/n didn't even know how long it's been since Raihan spoke to her. The relationship was in a stand still. She knew she deserved it for doubting him but even then, she couldn't get the false evidence from her mind, at the time. Everything only seemed to fall around her so she decided she didn't need her Champion title no more.

"Rotom message Leon that it's time," y/n spoke.

When she heard the message go, she started to the arena in Wyndon. It wasn't going to have anyone else battle, just her and Leon. At the sudden battle, fans of both trainers gathered. Both Leon and y/n walked to the field which y/n noted that Raihan wasn't there. Leon gave her a sad smile since he could see her in a bad state.

"Battle between Ex Champion Leon and Champion y/n, shall BEGIN!" The referee exclaimed.

Leon only sent out Charizard whilst y/n sent out Ninetales. Without anyone knowing, she changed the plan. When Ninetales fell, she would forfeit the match with her title to Leon.

"Flamethrower!" Both of them called out.

Y/n gave a silent command to Ninetales which the fire type understood. Both flamethrowers made contact but Ninetales pretended to faint whilst Charizard looked like he was about to collapse.

"I forfeit the match," y/n spoke up, emotionless.

Silence surrounded everyone as she returned Ninetales. She walked out of the silent arena whilst Leon chased after her with his Charizard being returned.

"Y/n!" Leon called to her, "What happened?! That wasn't the plan!"
"Change of mind Lee. I'm done," she continued to walk, "I'm done Lee. I hurt him. I don't deserve anything."
"You hurt each other. It wasn't just you! You need to forget about it," Leon told her, "It's not good for you! You're barely hanging on!"
"That's what heart break does," y/n smiled bitterly, "Everything begins to collapse in slow motion. Everything is ripped away so excruciatingly slow."
"Give it a bit longer. He'll talk to you," Leon tried.
"Goodbye Lee," y/n told him.

She started to walk again as Leon stared with tear filled eyes. People around gathered to see what happened but y/n didn't care. She had decided to travel to route nine before stopping on the edge of the bridge side. Her eyes watched the icy river below.

"The one place I would never be found," she whispered, "One action to disappear yet I wouldn't."

Her eyes then faced upwards as the sky cried.

"The heart I once had is gone," she whispered, "I can't escape it. A broken heart kills."

Lugia appeared by her side as they legendary gave her a worried look.

"I really hurt him girl," she sighed, "I hurt him bad."

Lugia nudged her as she let out cooing sounds. Y/n looked at her engagement ring as she removed it.

"Return this to him girl. Come back when you're done," y/n whispered.

She handed Lugia the ring as the legendary carried it in her mouth. She flew off in the direction of Hammerlocke whilst y/n waited on the bridge. She looked at her rotom phone to see the headlines based on her and on Raihan. Even one talking about her match with Leon. Y/n heard Lugia return back as she landed by her.

"Thank you," she whispered, "At least I'm not tying him down if he doesn't want me around. Let's get my things. Victor said I could stay with him in Hoenn."

Lugia helped y/n get home whilst she waited outside. Y/n packed the little amount of things she had before going back outside to Lugia. The legendary stayed still as y/n made sure everything was secure to Lugia's back.