19

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to MarvelFanXD for all the lovely votes and comments. Seeing them makes me smile, so thank you♡

I've also attached a picture of Alia's masquerade dress and her mask for this chapter. Enjoy!

~~~

Alia》

My anxiety spikes. Tonight is the masquerade, and Erik hasn't said a word of my dress.

For the last hour, he's been tinkering with his own outfit, putting all the pieces together and fluffing every feather on that giant hat, yet I have no clue where my dress may be at. Did he hide it on purpose? If he did, I ought to kick him for it. Luckily, while impatiently waiting, I have styled my hair in an elegant half updo, leaving the rest down in spiraling curls. He did give me my mask, which made me decide against a full updo because of how flamboyant the one side is. Perfecting the last strand of hair, I go out into the room where Erik sits, tweaking his skull mask on a desk.

"Can I see the dress yet?" My voice startles him from his detailing, and his eyes round when spotting me.

"You look exquisite," he breathes, catching me off guard. Maybe if the look was complete, he could spare me compliments...

"I'd look even better with the dress on," I give him a pointed look, my hands planting on my hips. There is a mischievous twinkle in his eyes as he stands and walks over. He looks different... Radiating. Happier than I've seen him lately. I wonder why...

While he stands before me, I hold my breath as his fingers glide down my jaw to my chin, tilting my head up. "I was waiting for the last minute to show you the dress so I can save my amazement at how angelic you look."

Why must you say things like this? My cheeks are instantly hot, my heart thumping harder. "It basically is the last minute. We must get changed now."

His grin grows. "I have your dress in the spare room with my other saved outfits. It's red. I shall let you change in there, and I'll be ready for when you come out."

Eagerly, I smile and hurry to the room, closing the door behind me with a sigh. I don't care how many stares we both get. I just want to spend my very first masquerade with Erik and have the time of my life. It has been a fantasy to be a part of the masquerade in the story, and the chance lies before me now with a red carpet unrolled. My eyes grazing the room, I spot the only red item in the closet, my mouth falling open. Dear God! How expensive must this have been? The dress is...gorgeous!

Slipping it off the hanger, I hold the heavy dress up and take in the intricate designs. This looks like something a faerie would wear, and I love it. The stitching is immaculate, and the details... I am already swept off my feet. Now, to put it on! I strip out of my day dress and fiddle with the small clip on the open back of the dress. Stepping in, I hoist it up to its proper level and do up the bottom portion, but my hands can't quite clip the top bit. I struggle a little longer before sighing and throwing my hands, deciding Erik can just help me. My feet fit perfectly in the matching heeled boots he bought, and I tie them up before creaking open the door.

The train trails behind me like a Queen's mantle as I creep down the hall, the swish of the dress hindering any stealth. Erik is in his room, his hat still on the bed as he fixes his own majestic cape. He looks as flamboyant as the productions, but red suits him. I knock softly on the doorframe, turning away as if I hadn't watched him for a moment. "I need help with the back, Erik."