chapter 13 why doesn't he eat?

Fu k

Merry new year. Hahaaaaaaashit
Ok
Tw
Anorexia mentions

Shuichi's POV

After he stopped crying he fell asleep burying his head into my chest.  I decided to take him up to his room
Once I picked him up I nearly threw him. Oh my god he's so light. .. That's probably because he doesn't eat... Why doesn't he eat?

I started to carry him up to his room with my thoughts going all over the place looking for a reasonable possibility... But  can't find one.

Once I'm on his  floor I see Rantaro, I barely register that he's there but he stopped me and asked what was going on, I mean. I'm carrying an asleep ouma.

"Woah, what happened" Rantaro snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh uh.. He.. Snapped then broke down... So I'm carrying  him up to his room.... " I say stopping myself from saying anything else.

"You look more worried  than you would be if he just broke down..."  He said staring at my face.

"Do... Do you know the  .. Average weight.. For his height? "
I asked

He pulled out his phone
"Uh. 100 pounds (61) is the lowest it shows for average.. Why?"

"... He feels like... I dunno.. About 83..76 pounds? " I answer with a pang of worry that's too strong for my own good (yes I'm aware that he's can only 97 pounds but shhh)

Rantaro's face dropped...
"Let me see"

I then gave Kokichi to rantaro

"Yeah 80 at most..."

I opened the door to Kokichi's room, it surprisingly wasn't locked, he's gotten bad about that.

Rantaro sets him on his bed and looks at me.

When was the last time you saw him eat more than a nibble of bread?

I thought for a moment..

"I-... I have no idea.." My hands start to shake.

"If he doesn't eat soon and keeps doing this we may need to get him hospitalized." Rantaro stated as I started to pace around the room

"This is my fault " I say as my heart starts to race  I'm walking around the foot of his bed  my mind wandering places that it shouldn't go. This is all my fault. If I cared more he'd eat..

"Shuichi."

Your so stupid.

"Shuichi?"

You are so careless

"Shuichi!"

You are so rude

"Shuichi!!?"

You are so self centered

"SHUICHI!!"

Rantaro breaks me out of my trance.

"Your crying."

"I-i am?" I ask as I put my hand on my cheek. It's sticky... Yep I was really crying.. How pathetic of me.

"Don't blame yourself for this." He said walking over to me

"As long as we get him to eat and or we get an answer of why he is doing this, we can help him recover." He says pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah."

"You stay here and take care of him, I was going to meet Keebo so you take this job." He said walking out of kokichi's room.

I pulled a chair over to his bed and examined what he's done to his room.
He has a checkered quilt, checkered pillowcases.  And fairy lights around his windows? Heh cute.. He has a desk 0in his room. It seems tidy. My eyes we're wandering around the room, it's been About 3 minutes when I saw kokichi sit up.

Kokichi's POV

Ugh, why.. Do they care about me enough to talk about getting me hospitalized? Yeah I practically passed out but I was only half asleep for the majority of it. I heard Shu and Taro worrying about me then I passed out. I sat up and groggily looked over at Shuichi.

"Hi saishu" I said smiling at him

"Again, uh.. Sorry about yelling at you." I said looking away.

"N-no it's fine! I can't imagine how long you've been holding that in for. And... Thanks for being open with me? He said I was too out of it to come. Up with some elaborate lie to make him not worry about me.

"Do you want a snack?" He asked me getting up

I was about to object but I guess this once I can eat a little something to make him not worry

"Sure"

Shit
Fuck
God
Damnit
Hi
It's been a while
How are you?