Roomates: Chapter 3

Grizz took Sam back to their room and helped him clean up and get a bit more sober before bed. He helped him into his pajamas and promised he was safe. It didn't take long for Sam to fall asleep, leaving Grizz laying awake lost in thought. Sam had almost been.. he didn't want to say it. And it was only their first day! Why did Grizz care so much about his well being all of a sudden? Grizz didn't know. All he knew was he wouldn't get much sleep that night. And he was right.

***

When Grizz woke up, he glanced over to check on Sam only to find him awake, staring at him.

"H-hey. How are you feeling?" Grizz asked, sitting up slowly and facing Sam.

Sam looked like he had been crying. "You saved me last night...." he murmured, looking away from Grizz's eyes. "If you handnt stepped in, im scared to think what that guy would have done to me..." he said, signing along with shaky hands.

Grizz felt his heart break once his eyes adjusted to Sam's appearance. He had been crying. "Hey... of course I stepped in. I had to really. You're safe now. That's what matters."

Sam rose to his feet, wrapping his arms around Grizz, leaving Grizz frozen in place. "Thank you..." he murmured into Grizz's shoulder.

As Sam pulled away from the hug, they locked eyes for a moment, making Grizz's heart skip a beat. "No need to thank me." He said quietly.

Sam walked back over to his bed and sat down with a huff. "I feel disgusting." He said honestly. "Could you uhm.. could you help me to the shower? It's hard to walk, my legs are shaking so bad.... and honestly I'm scared to go alone." Sam said, avoiding Grizz's gaze. He looked so small and afraid. It broke Grizz's heart.

"Of course. Let me make sure no one else is around and I'll help you alright?" Grizz said slowly; making sure Sam caught every word as he walked out into the hallway and into the communal showers. They were empty. Good.

Walking back into the dorm, Grizz grabbed Sam's shower caddy that sat on his desk as well as a towel. "Clothes?"

Sam shrugged. "Just grab anything."

Grizz nodded, going to the closet and grabbing Sam a pair of boxers, some sweats and a tshirt before coming back out. "Ready?"

Sam nodded. "As ready as I'll ever be." He signed and spoke, slowly rising to his feet on shaky legs.

Grizz was quick to scoop his spare arm behind Sam's back and hook it beneath his underarm, keeping him steady as they walked to the showers. As they got inside, Grizz instinctively locked the door, despite there being a rule not to do so in order to give Sam complete privacy. Grizz helped Sam to undress, promising not to look as much as possible, and trying to avoid the bruises on his porcelain skin.

Grizz sat outside of the showers near the stalls waiting while Sam cleaned up. Once inside of the shower, Sam broke down. Broken memories of the night before flooding back to him as he sobbed as quietly as he could. He felt gross. Violated. But oddly protected by Grizz's presence and having saved him. Sam knew he could trust Grizz now, even though they had only met the day before.