nineteen

sunday.

it's raining on a sunday.

"ichi lets go!!" kyo whined again pulling on ichigo's pant legs. ichigo was sitting on the couch with a pillow over his face, "kyo it's pouring outside! you'll get sick!" he mumbled under the pillow. "but you promised!" kyo shouted. my eyebrows raised, he never shouts. "kyo." i spoke sternly. kyo lowered his head and twisted his feet, "sorry onee-chan," i patted his head softly before yanking the pillow off the tween. "ichigo you did promise him," i grinned at his curly black hair sticking to the fabric of the pillow. "but we'll get sick, you want to take care of us when we're sick?" he deadpanned sitting up. "i don't mind taking care of the two most important boys in my life." i shrugged, walking to the coat closet.

i heard ichigo moan in frustration, "fine let's go to the park." he sighed standing up. kyo squealed in happiness and ran to his room, probably to grab his rain boots. "stop pulling that card on me." ichigo took the raincoat from my hands. i just giggled and patted his head. a few seconds later kyo came over to me for help getting his favorite rain boots on and after making sure both boys were bundled up i let them go. i stood by the front door and watched them go hand in hand down the street. thankfully it was still light out so a quick trip to the park in the rain won't hurt. once they were out of eyesight i closed the door, and just as i did that my phone rang. "grandfather?" my eyebrows furrowed together as i quickly answered the phone.

"hello?" my voice was hesitant.

"airie, i'm so glad you answered." he said softly.

"is everything alright grandfather?" i sat down near a window and watched the rain fall, my stomach turning.

"no..no it's not granddaughter," my fingers gripped the phone hearing his disheartening tone.

"your mother, she found out i was helping you and kyo..she wants kyo..." his words hit my ears like a train.

"i told her you two were doing fine on your own, but she was persistent." i nodded, still stunned.

"thank you for calling grandfather.." i whispered.

"of course airie, i love you and kyo very much..i'm sorry i couldn't have done more to get you two away from her..she's my daughter but she chose that lifestyle over her children and that's something i can't forgive." he said sternly.

"i'll talk to you later, have a good day." i said monotone and hung up the phone, placing it on the windowsill.

i sat there and watched the rain fall, thirty minutes passed and the rain started to grow heavier. but i stayed in the same spot, no words coming to mind, or thoughts. "we're back!" ichigo called out as the front door opened and closed. "onee-chan! i lost my boot!" kyo ran to me, startling me out of my thoughts. i glance down and saw he had one leg completely soaked and without a boot. "he wouldn't let me carry him, i'm sorry." ichigo spoke softly from a little back. i stood up and kissed kyo on the head, "i'll go find it okay, can you wash him up and get dinner started?" my eyes were glued to the door as i spoke to ichigo. "yeah, are you okay?" ichigo grabbed my arm softly, his blue eyes filled with worry. "mhm be back," i gave him a small smile and rubbed his cheek lightly.

"okay," he knelt down and i kept walking, "grab an umbrella.." his voice died out when i shut the door behind me.

"ahh man! i hate when practice gets cut short!" hinata whined as we started to clean up the gym. "stop crying and help pick up these balls stupid!" kageyama growled from across the gym. "but kageyama! it's just rain!" the spiker whined again. "those two never stop do they?" tanaka chuckled handing me a towel. "it's amusing." i shrugged. "you okay? you've been out of it a lot today." he said before taking a swig of water. i sighed and sat down, my head clashing with the wall behind me. "he's overthinking." suga walked over smiling. "w-what do you mean?" my words stuttered out feeling all panicky, but i kept my composer with just one open eye.