Part Nine

PART NINE

I wake up surrounded by inky blackness in a dark void. I walk forward, trying to orient myself to my surroundings, but all I can hear is voices, all around me, and I can't make out what they're saying.

"H-hello?" I call out, but my voice is swallowed by the other's around it. A-am I dead...? What's happening?! I walk forward blindly, tripping over my feet. This shouldn't be possible! Where am I?! I run forward into the blackness, panic beginning to overtake my mind as I stumble onward. Suddenly I see a speck of light far ahead of me. Run toward the light (y/n)!

Without so much as a flicker of hesitation, I decide to listen to the voice of the ink in my mind. I take a deep breath and run blindly forward. The tunnel lights up all around me, and I notice my surroundings for the first time.

It's an inky tunnel. You will be reborn. Keep walking onward. But first... we need to make a deal. I'll let you come back to life... but you will be forever bound to the location you died. Yes. I-I'll do it. It's funny... I desperately wanted to kill myself, not even a few hours ago, but the thought of seeing Sammy again keeps me going. Then all you need to do is run toward the light.

I close my eyes and put on a burst of speed. I blink awake in the cot. "Ugh... What happened...?" I'm all alone in the room and the blankets are stained red and black under my arm. I move my arm toward my face, and I'm startled that the skin is smooth and unblemished. "What the hell!?" I grab it and roughly prod the place where the self-inflicted slash was only minutes before. Is this for real? Yes, yes. The ink has saved you. You have been reborn... I go stone cold. So, it's true then. I don't have to try to believe Sammy anymore. I have proof. I can't kill myself, even if I wouldn't panic out of it at the last minute.

I sit up and rub my face. My thoughts feel more scattered and faded then they did before I died. Where's Sammy? He should be here. Maybe I should look for him. I gotta tell him I'm okay... I stand up and try to walk out of the room, but something doesn't feel right. What's wrong with me...? The voice doesn't reply to my question, so I walk down the hall.

"Sammy...? Where are you?" I yell down the dark corridor, but nobody comes or responds. "Anyone? Helllooo?"

I walk and walk for what feels like days down that dark corridor, jumping at moving Bendy cutouts, getting teary-eyed over Sammy's messages and ignoring the puddles of ink I step through. Why find Sammy when I can find some 'refreshments'? I'm hungry...wait, no I'm not! I stop and think about that That's funny. I was STARVING just a little bit ago. Is that the ink?

Oh (y/n)... you remember the deal we made? You are bound here. If you still required food, you'd run out and have to be reborn...again. You also don't need to breathe, so you can't suffocate to death. I can't let that happen, my little puppet.

So that's why. I see. Thanks, mysterious inky voice.

Then a thought sweeps through my mind that's powerful enough to make me fall backwards onto the floor. LOOK IN A MIRROR (Y/N). SEE WHAT HE HAS DONE TO SAVE YOU/ GAZE UPON YOUR NEW FORM.

Without any sort of natural hesitation, almost as if I was being controlled by something other than myself, I stand up and reach into my pocket to pull out a small mirror. As I'm about to look into the glass, a drop of something lands on my shirt. Ugh. Stupid nosebleed! I reach up and pinch my nose, and to my horror, the warm sticky substance that oozes between my fingers isn't blood. No. No. No no no no no no no no no no. that can't be what I think it is. No not ink. It CAN'T be ink. That's impossible! I remove my hand, and sure enough, it's covered in the stuff. I fumble with the mirror, then gasp in horror.

It's you.

IT'S ME.

N-no! That's not me! The face in the mirror is all wrong. My originally (hair color) hair is black. There's ink running down my chin from my nose. AND THOSE AREN'T MY EYES. I don't have silver eyes. I have (Eye color) eyes! I notice the hand and arm that weren't cut are.... They're all inky! They're... they're like Sammy's arms. But worst of all is my mouth. One half is perfectly normal.... But the other. It's all black and... melted! I throw the mirror down the hall and cover my hideous new face with my hands. I crumple to the floor and begin sobbing. I don't mean the type of sobs where you just hiccup. I'm talking about painful, body shaking, heart wrenching sobs.

"(y/n)! There you are!" The last voice I want to hear yells, and I hear footsteps running towards me. I turn my back and hide my face from him. But alas, Sammy doesn't seem to get the message to go away. "I'm ever so glad I found you! I have found you something that can stop the...." He stops talking.

"No point." I say in a barely audible whisper. "you're too late."

"(y/n)...?" he says, and I can hear him walking closer "You died?"

I grunt nonchalantly "I'm still stuck here with you, aren't I?"

"You....you were reborn?!" he says, and even though I can't see him or his face, I can tell he's exited "You really were?! This is perfect! I knew my lord was there! I prayed that if I couldn't save you, he would, and he has answered my prayers!" then he puts a hand on my shoulder. "(y/n)?"

I slowly stand up and turn around, glaring at him with my horrible new eyes. "DOES THIS LOOK PERFECT TO YOU MISTER LAWRENCE!?"

"Well...I...I-"

I cut him off "YOU CAN'T EVEN SAY?!?" I sob. The anger is building deep inside me; I can feel it. The turning point on the knife blade. If I don't get away from him NOW, I'll become too emotional. But if I stay...... I whip around and take off down the hall.

I hear Sammy call after me and his footsteps running after me, but I end up losing him in a flooded hallway he's too tall to get through.

It's over. I'M HIDEOUS. I can't leave. I'm HIDEOUS. I can't be happy. I'm HIDEOUS. I'm going to become a murderer. You're already a murderer, (y/n). I know that. You must embrace that. Your new form is just what it needs to appease HIM. You're going to be fine. HE WILL SET US FREE. HE WILL SET US FREE. I-I can't do this! I'm going where nobody will ever find me.

Somewhere Sammy will never find me.