[25] Set up.

NOTE:

This story will be removed the moment I finish it's prequel (S's & Ex's). And then I'm going to rewrite this <3

See description for link.

Definition: Slut

[25] Set up.

I felt like I was the king of the world. Or rather, queen. After the pool party, Oliver and I were back to normal. Well, as normal as it would get. There were moments where we'd seem like a bit more than friends, but a lot less than lovers, and even though those moments might not be real, I cherished them. It was the little things, really.

Like during the last seminar, I'd find myself staring at him and when our eyes would meet, he'd give me a warm smile even though there were other twenty-something students in the room. When we'd pass each other anywhere in the university, we'd stop to talk for a bit and he would brush his hands against mine. The times we're hanging out, he'd sit close to me and sometimes play with the ends of my hair.

Though, during the week break before exam weeks, I didn't see him at all, much less talked to him. Liking Oliver really had its ups and downs, and I'd usually find myself strolling on the downs. I wouldn't blame him, though. He probably spent the whole time studying. I spent the week cramming with Mia and Em. Admittedly, those studying times weren't really spent reading books, taking notes, or practicing equations and all that. We'd just talk about what's been happening and our plans after the semester ended.

During exam week, however, our studying turned into major cramming. My brain might have exploded a couple of times for trying to fit in everything I've learned in the whole semester for the exam. All I was looking forward to after the week was it finishing so I could actually get some sleep again.

"Thank god that's over," Mia grumbled, as we exited the exam room. It was the second Saturday of December, and I was glad that we finished the semester a week before it was actually done. I mean, yeah it sucked that we just had an exam worth forty-five percent of our mark at eight-thirty on a Saturday, just after writing one at seven on Friday night, but at least we finished seven days before the other students did.

"We should party," she went on, hugging her winter coat. "And rub it in everyone else's face that we're done. I'm pretty sure half of the business kids in first year finished today, too."

"Em's last exam is next Friday," I said, remembering how she was rambling on how it was so unfair to finish the day before the semester ended while we finished a week earlier. At least she had her exams spread throughout the two weeks of exam period, while Mia and I had it all crammed up in just a week. It was probably the worse week ever. We spent the whole time studying our butts off so we wouldn't fail.

"Aw, poor Emily," she cooed as we made our way pass the buildings, smiling and waving at those we made friends with during the semester. "At least she didn't have two to write in one day. That was brutal. Calculus and econ just after each other? I think they were trying to kill us for doing that."

I chuckled, shaking my head at the memory of trying to cram for both subjects the night before. "At least it's over now," I remarked, taking a deep breath. I mean, I think I did alright, but I probably would have done a lot better if I had more time to study.

She sighed with relief. "God, I just hope I pass everything."

I scoffed, elbowing her slightly as we made our way to the bus stops. "I'm sure you did fine, I helped you study so you'd have to pass for sure."

She rolled her eyes. "How modest of you," she remarked. We then passed a couple of girls holding skates passed by us. "Oh!" she announced suddenly, clasping her hands together, "We should go skating downtown."