Naboolio (Visitant Vincent part 2)

Now playing: Ghosting~ Mother Mother

Synopsis:  I know, one-shots are supposed to be one time things, but I really like the story, and I wanted to continue it. In short; 20 years later, Howard Moon returns to his old school, meets an enigmatic boy who knows a lot about his past, and runs into an old friend.

Howard Moon was scared, why did he come here? He shouldn't have accepted the interview.

20 years ago, Howard Moon went to this school, he met a boy, a dead boy. He fell in love and the boy loved him back. But he got drunk and told his mom.  She thought he was insane and sent him to therapy and the rest was history.

20 years later he was there again, standing in the same four walls and ash wood floors. Trembling at the legs from how much he remembered.

He still loved Vince, but even he doubted if Vince was even real sometimes. He'd moved on anyway, he was married now, a loveless marriage, but a marriage nonetheless.

He remembered this place like the back of his hand, so started trudging down to the staff room, to enter the most conflicting years of his life.

Fourth lesson:

The day was going well, Howard hadn't seen Vince yet, although a part of him wanted to. He had a year nine class next. They stood outside the door, waiting to be let in.

Howard opened the door, ushering them inside when a boy caught his eye. The boy was shorter than all of his classmates and had a boosh of black hair. He wore a turban with his uniform, a striking character.

The boy stared at Howard for a few seconds, before mumbling to himself and entering. Odd.

Howard tried not to think about it too much.

He called the register and found out this child's name was Naboo Leo Azulestone.

He was quiet, though every now and then he'd cover his mouth with his sleeve and mumble something. Howard used to do this when he talked to Vince.

Wait.

Howard realised that Vince was there, but why couldn't he see him?

Unless he'd hidden himself? No, that's stupid. Vince would've revealed himself immediately. Unless he'd saw Howard's wedding ring? Shit.

As he taught the class he couldn't stop thinking about Vince. Having an ex that thought you were still together is one thing, but having an ex that thought you were still together that was also a chaotic poltergeist is a whole different thing.

Eventually, the lesson came to an end and the class left as quickly as they could, though Naboo stayed behind

"Sir, can I talk to you?"

Howard knew what this was about, he nodded and waited for him to speak

"Vince has hidden, he was absolutely distraught when he saw your ring. He had been talking about you constantly, but when you arrived he changed his tone" he said monotonously

"I understand, and I'm sorry" Howard spoke with a distant, firm tone "I would like to speak to him in private, if I can that is"

Naboo looked to his left, paused then nodded. "He wants to talk. I'll wait outside"

he didn't wait for a response and left the room

Howard watched the boy go, and turned to face an upset Vince.

"Vince, I'm really sorry" Howard began softly

"Good! I hope you feel sorry!" He spat at him "You cheated! You got married! I thought you said you'd come back?"

Howard sighed "Vince, I thought you'd understand. They thought I was insane. I had to at least pretend"

"But you didn't have to pretend! You made a promise!"

"Vince, please calm down" he sighed, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder "I know, I fucked up. But please, just try to understand. They made me think I was insane, and that you weren't real"

"But you know I am!" Vince protested

"I know, little man, it was just so overwhelming. I'm really sorry"

"Howard..." He sighed "I know it's hard for you, but getting ghosted is something I should be used to by now, but from you? It really really hurt"

"I'm sorry, little man" he put an arm around him "but I'm here now, I promised I'd come back, didn't I?"

"I mean I guess..." He mumbled, sulking "...but you didn't say you'd come back with a wife"

"I know Vincey. I wasn't expecting to see you again, was I darling?" He asked softly, pulling Vince onto his lap and cuddling him

Vince was falling for Howard's tricks to calm him down; he was sulking quietly, curled up in his lap. Howard remembered how he used to sit in lessons with Vince on his lap like that, sometimes even in the same classroom that they were in right now. Some things just never change.

Howard sighed softly, realising how much he'd missed Vince, and how clingy and cuddly he got even when they were arguing.  He cuddled Vince on his lap, changing the subject.

"So who's that Naboo kid?" Howard asked, running his fingers through Vince's hair.

Vince rest his head against Howard's chest, allowing himself to be calmed and cuddled by Howard

"he's like a shaman or something, " he mumbled "he could see me without me revealing myself to him, so that was weird"

Howard furrowed his eyebrows together "huh, that is quite weird" he said softly, fingers still in Vince's hair.

"Yeah" Vince agreed, nodding softly

"Well at least now we have each other" Howard whispered reassuringly into Vince's hair, kissing his head softly.