Sunday morning.

Now playing: Intertwined ~ Dodie Clark

Synopsis: So I realised how fucking depressing all of my one-shots are (they're getting worse, I assure you) so decided to take a break from making myself sob at ungodly hours in the night. Heavily inspired by that one photo of them sitting in bed and drinking tea (the one where noel was wearing a t-shirt that said Jordan Hauling). This is honestly just fluffy drabble and cuddles, so apologies in advance x

Set in season 2 x

Also, this one is hella short and unorganised so sorry, it kind of reads weirdly and is odd to read so if youre here for actual writing then you've come to the wrong place buster  xx
.

Sunday mornings were sacred to Howard Moon.

Normally he wouldn't have lie-ins, but Sunday mornings were exceptions.

Howard woke up to the sun pouring in through the window, casting a lazy glow over the room.

He looked down at Vince, who was still asleep, facing away from him.

Howard had his arms wrapped around Vince's waist and was holding him close.

He didn't even mind that he always wakes up with Vince's hair in his mouth.

Howard gently stroked Vince's hair, gazing at him fondly.

He wondered what Vince was dreaming about. Knowing him it was probably something to do with bright colours, soft fabrics and Gary Numan.

Vince turned over in his sleep to cuddle into him, burying his face in Howard's chest.

Howard kissed the top of his head and smiled at him lovingly.

Vince mumbled something softly, waking up. He looked up at Howard through sleepy eyes and a tired smile.

Howard smiled as if this was the most beautiful sight he'd ever laid his eyes on (mainly because it was).

Before anything could be said, Vince got up, yawning softly and leaving the room.

Howard stayed there, gazing at the empty space beside him and missing Vince.

Howard closed his eyes and opened them when a gentle kiss was placed on his cheek.

He sat up a little and kissed Vince's forehead softly.

Vince smiled at him softly, sitting next to him on the bed and handing him a cup of tea.

Howard accepted the tea with a soft kiss on the cheek to say thanks and wrapped his arm around the other man. Sunday mornings didn't need words.

Vince smiled softly and cuddled into him.

They sat together in comfortable silence for a while. Although the sun was shining, it was pouring down with rain outside. The sound of rain beating down against the window and the roof filled the silence in the room but was oddly relaxing.

Howard's hand intertwined with Vince's hair, as he twirled it between his fingers. Howard had never expected Vince's hair to be so soft, but the excessive use of conditioner and Naboo's miracle wax had definitely served its purpose.

Vince didn't mind Howard doing this, and actually quite liked how gentle Howard's big hands were.

Howard was the only person he trusted to touch his hair, and Howard absolutely made the most of that. Whenever they'd be near each other, Howard would always find some sort of excuse to be playing with his hair. Usually just wrapping his arm around his shoulder and twirling a lock of hair between his fingers.

They'd only been dating for a few months, but everyone already knew they'd been in love for years. They had acted like an old married couple, bickering constantly, sleeping in the same bed and saving each other on multiple occasions. It didn't get much gayer than that.

Despite this, being together hadn't really changed them much. Howard still spent the whole day banging on about jazz, but Vince complained a little bit less.

Sunday mornings weren't started by their relationship, they'd started in the Zoo years before. Instead of snuggling up together in their sleeping bags like Vince would've preferred, they'd go to the sofa and spend about an hour quietly cuddling. No homo though.

It had been the closure they both needed to tolerate each other. It also provided them both with some much-needed attention.

Although Howard would never tell him, Sunday mornings were originally just an excuse to convince Vince to shut the fuck up for an hour.

Either way, Sunday mornings weren't going to stop any time soon. Because no matter what, Vince would need attention and Howard would want Vince to shut the fuck up.