Christmas Toy

Synopsis: Hurt/Comfort thing based on the "Christmas Toy" story from Book Of Boosh.

Vince dies and seems surprisingly non-plussed.

Very angsty, so word of warning.Trigger warning for physical assault.

Established relationship, some angst some fluff. Closer to Christmas, I'm gonna write a part two.
.

"Howard, I don't want you to panic" Naboo spoke monotonusly down the phone

"That sounds like youre about to say something panic-worthy" Howard mumbled,  looking in through the doorway

His Mum and Dad were sat, talking to his brother and his wife. Their kids sat on the living room floor, playing with their Christmas presents.

"There was an incident at a party, Vince got beat up pretty bad. He died on the carpet ride home. We had to take him to an emergency Necromancer. He's still dead, but should come around"

"Holy shit" Howard gasped "I'm on my way home, okay?"

"Okay. He's in stable condition but it's best for you to be here when he wakes up."

"Got it. I'm on my way" He nodded, hanging up.

He quickly barged into the living room "I'm sorry, I really need to go home. Vince is badly hurt"

"What happened?" His mum asked.

"He was at a party or something, and he got beat up badly, he's unconscious."

"Youre too drunk to drive home" Howard's Brother stood up "I'll take you"

"Thanks, Carl" Howard said hurriedly "I'm sorry I had to leave so soon, I'll see you soon, Merry Christmas."

Not long after, Howard was in the passenger seat of the van, fighting the urge to puke.

"Are you feeling okay?" Carl asked

"God, I'm gonna throw up"

"Hold on, we're almost at your flat" Carl reassured him, parking outside and getting out of the van.

He and Howard rushed up the building's stairs, the door was open.

When they rushed inside, they were met with the image of a battered Vince sprawled across a table, with Naboo treating a cut on his shoulder.

"Is he okay?"

"You need to leave," Naboo said flatly to Carl.

"Oh- that's fine. Howard, let me know if he's okay" Carl said, before quickly leaving.

Howard didn't even look back, walking over to the table.

His shirt was torn and bloodstained. He had a black eye and his lip was split. Every part of his body visible seemed to be littered with bruises and bandages.

Howard gently brushed his matted fringe out of his face.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Howard asked

"It looks like it. He's breathing again."

Bollo came in with a bowl of hot water and two flannels.

"What are you doing with that?"

"Bollo warm Vincey up" he explained, soaking the flannels in the water.

Howard gently held Vince's hand, watching him. He would've given anything for Vince to squeeze his hand reassuringly, but he didn't.

Bollo wrung out the flannels then rolled then into tubes, tieing them to Vince's wrists.