(62).

"The Cheat"

       "Answer me Alicia." Max demanded. His thoughts about her were clearing up. "What will you do if I still want her?"

     "I'll leave. I was never yours." She answered and he nodded. At last her decision was to leave again.

    "Cool." She faked a smile and lay on the bed. She hid her trembling hands under the sheets and calmed herself down. She closed her eyes and his phone beeped on the bed. He picked it up and she sighed. It was so normal to break up. What's the big deal about it? What's the big deal if he breaks up with her for Alia? What's the big deal if she cries over him for days and miss him for months and maybe years? She turned around to face him and he was smiling and texting on his phone.

    "Max,"

    "Just a second." He shut her up without looking at her and she slowly turned around again. Maxwell didn't want to invest his feelings into her anymore knowing she was bound to leave when things go astray for him.

     An hour later, Alicia stood up to grab water from the kitchen and he was still on the phone. She poured herself a glass of water and sighed. The door to the bedroom opened and he came out holding his phone. "Thought you were sleeping." The fuck?! He didn't notice she was gone? He opened the fridge and got himself a bowl of ice cream. Alicia watched his annoying ass go to the living room and spread his legs on the couch. She shook her head and got inside the bedroom.

      A Saturday morning, Max wasn't lying on the bed and Alicia was getting used to his sudden disappearances. She got up from the bed and opened the door only to see him sleeping in the couch and his phone lying on top of him. She tiptoed to the couch and picked up the phone. She took his thumb and slid it on the phone to unlock it. The messaging app was on the screen and he had chatted with Alia before he fell to slumber. He had her name saved Ali. So typical of a fucked up relationship. Alia was telling him what they used to do in high school and he was so invested in it. They chatted till dawn. What was Alicia doing there if he was acting that way with her? Every text he sent to her showed how much he wanted to be with her incredible self. She found out Alia was lodging at a hotel and he's been there with her before. Alicia was scrolling further, finding out if he fucked her or not.

      Maxwell's eyes opened and stretched himself up in the couch. She bored her eyes with his and wasn't returning the phone. He looked at her for a second, knowing what she was going to really find and aggressively reached for the phone.

    "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He screamed at her. He doesn't even go through her phone!

    "You.. you're doing all these with her?" She asked angrily and he didn't look like he cared.

    "What's your problem?"

    "Do you want me out of your life now because she came back? Is that what you want!"

     "Stop being crazy." He stood up and pushed her out of his way. She grabbed his hand and he glared at her.

    "Do you want her?"

    "Why are you trying to ruin my day?"

    "Do you fucking want her?! I'm not fucking playing with you Maxwell. You fucked her didn't you?"

    "Why will I want her? Why are you going all crazy about this? Are you obsessed with her because she's prettier?"

    "What?" She asked unbelievably. "You must be kidding me." She laughed and let go off him. "You're such a dick Max." She angrily went ahead to make breakfast. She was angry but food comes first. Alicia cussed out while she made coffee and pancakes and didn't believe he actually said something like that to her. Alia's prettier than her? He should go live with her! She thought she was his sunset.