Chapter 7

I was sat next to Harry and Ron as we waited for Professor Lupin to arrive, suddenly Snape stormed through the classroom, flicked his wand making all the blinds roll and pulled down a projector screen. He then turned to face us and said in his usual drawl

"Turn to page 394" Harry was suddenly hit by a paper ball, which had been thrown at him by Malfoy. I looked over Harry's shoulder to see it was a moving drawing of Harry playing quidditch and being struck by lightning. I then looked over to the smug-faced Malfoy and rolled my eyes at his childish taunt. Harry then raised his hand

"Excuse me, sir...but where is Professor Lupin?" Snape turned to him

"That's not really any of your concern, is it Potter? Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394." He then flicked his wand making Ron's book fly open onto the page on werewolves.

"Werewolves?" Ron stated confused,

"But sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks --" Hermione suddenly said.

"Quiet" Snape hissed

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in..." Ron whispered to Harry and me, we shook our heads and returned out gazes to the front of the room.

"Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asked the class, Hermione's hand flew up desperately wanting to answer the question, seeing as nobody else stuck their hands up Snape should've asked her.

"No one? How... disappointing." Snape sighed, completely ignoring Hermione.

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind --" She was cut off by Malfoy being immature and making a howling noise, I shook my head at his antics

"Quiet, Malfoy! Though one must admit to feeling your pain. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape then snapped at her. I could feel myself growing very frustrated with Snape and Malfoy.

"He's got a point you know" Ron muttered to Harry, but I heard and gave him a small glare.

"Excuse me sir, but I don't understand why you got mad at Hermione, she clearly knew the answer and as for Malfoy he was being an immature student in the classroom, surely he should be reprimanded for his behaviour instead of someone who knows what they're learning about" I burst. I heard some students gasp quietly as Snape stood there fixing me with a hard stare after my outburst. 

"Five points from Gryffindor! Miss Maxwell, if you would like to comment on my teaching style then, by all means, complain to the headmaster, however, for now, please sit down and be quiet!" Snape scolded me, I honestly thought I would get more of an outburst from him, it was very unusual for him not to take lots of points off of Gryffindor students whenever he had the chance to. He turned away from me and I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding.

"As an antidote to your ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning, with particular emphasis placed on recognizing it." I sat down and looked back at my book, Hermione placed her hand on my arm

"Thank you" She whispered smiling gratefully.

"That was bloody brilliant Rory" Ron grinned

"It was" Harry agreed. I blushed a little and looked back down at my book. I could feel someone staring at me so I looked up to see the grey-blue eyes of Draco Malfoy looking directly at me. I raised an eyebrow as if to say 'what?' and he turned away from me, shaking his head. I sighed and went back to listening to Snape's drawl.