Chapter 15

We made our way through the passageway until it ended. I looked around confused before Harry pushed a small opening, it gave way and Harry pulled himself up before helping Hermione and me through. Stains that looked like blood dotted around the floor and shattered furniture was strewn around.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?" I stated quietly. Neither of them replied as they were staring at dog prints in the dust on the floor. We very carefully made our way in the dark until we reached a door,

"Nox" Harry whispered before pushing open the door, there was Ron sitting sagged against a bed clutching his bloody foot.

"Ron! You're okay --" Hermione went towards him

"The dog -- where's the --" Harry tried to say

"He's the dog. It's a trap, Harry. He's an Animagus..." Ron whimpered pointing to the door we had just come through, I gulped and turned around following the footprints in the dust that slowly transformed from animal to human. There, behind the door, with filthy matted hair and a sagging prison uniform, in the shadows stood Sirius Black. He watched us and pushed the door shut taking a few steps forward as Harry pulled out his wand.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll -- you'll... have to kill us, too!" I said standing in front of Harry with my wand also drawn.

"No. Only one will die tonight." Sirius hissed

"Then it'll be you!" Harry roared pushing me out of the way and lunging at the crazed man.

"Harry! No! " Hermione yelled. Just then there were footsteps and Black turned towards the door watching it.

"Going to kill me, Harry?" He cackled. Harry raised his wand and dug into the man's neck, suddenly to door flew open and there with his wand pointed at Harry stood Professor Lupin.

"Professor Lupin!" Hermione, Ron and I all said in surprise.

"Looking a bit ragged, aren't we, Sirius? Finally, the skin reflects the madness within." Lupin scoffed.

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius grinned back. There was a moment of tension before Lupin stepped forward and helped Sirius up. They embraced for a few seconds like brothers.

"No! I trusted you! I covered up for you. And all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione cried

"He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!" She pointed at Lupin. Harry and Ron looked dumbfounded while I nodded my head as things started making sense. Lupin looked mildly amused

"How long have you known?" He asked quietly

"Since Professor Snape set the essay," Hermione replied

"You're the brightest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione." Lupin chuckled shaking his head.

"Yes, you glow like the sun. And you howl at the moon. Enough talk! He dies. Now. If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone." Sirius growled.

"Wait, Sirius -- " Lupin started

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week!" Sirius cried. Lupin looked down then slowly nodded,

"All right then. As you wish..."

"No!" Harry cried out raising his wand, Lupin quickly disarmed him.

"You betrayed my parents! You sold them to Voldemort!" Harry eyed Black murderously

"It's a lie! I never would've betrayed James and Lily!" Sirius retorted